What's new

Shaman Dragon and Reflect Damage skill rework

Sasek

Some characters skills have been reworked for better, but Reflect Damage is still as bad as on other servers, why we don't make it a bit more useful and add something new.

My suggestion is to keep the reflection as well as adding one of the following bonusses:
Chance to Stun,
Chance to avoid arrows,
Attack Speed,
Damage is Absorbed by HP,
Elements Resistance.

Adding some more bonuses but nothing too crazy or even rework the ability completely to make reflect damage more useful.

D

Deleted member 808

Reflect Damage only looks useless because of its interaction with Blessing Spell.
Most of the damage you receive is prevented by Blessing Spell. When used together with reflect, a certain percentage of the DMG that you receive is reflected - if you receive 1000 a hit normally, 50% Blessing effect reduces that to 500 per hit, and even if Reflect reflects 50% of the damage, it's still only 250 - and very few mobs actually hit you 1000 per hit. If a mob hits you 100 per hit, the final reflected damage while also using Blessing would be 25.

I think someone tested Reflect without Blessing and its utility is there, it's just that Blessing is more powerful and useful.

Reworking Reflect to the point where it gives more than what it already gives would make Dragon's kit overpowered. It should be reworked into something as Cure, where maybe you have a chance to fully reflect (while also blocking via Blessing) all damage done to you for the next 5 seconds or something similar.

Toxic

Idk the concept of dragon shaman was made wrong from the original creators, it makes absolutely no sense to have 2 buff skills that contradict each other. You need blessing spell to take less on-hit damage but with blessing spell on you will reflect crap damage back. An easier fix would be to increase the % of the reflected damage to a stupid % like 200% or something, so you actually reflect some damage not 200 XD I'm open to adding other perks to it too but I highly doubt the staff cares about it and/or wants to add more effects to the reflect damage skill.
But imo as the name suggests it should be a buff that punishes people that come close range to hit you.