What's new

Accepted Siamese Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekno

Hi,
I will get straight to the point: I suggest a change of the base bonus of Siamese Knife (Lvl 70 daggers) from Strong against Monsters to Demi-humans. The reasoning behind this is as following:
1. It was made as there were no other daggers with Strong against Monsters but here it has been reworked that the lvl 60 daggers (& the bow & the sword) have this bonus already.
2. If one is a masochist to farm at around level 70 with daggers then the lvl 75 daggers are a much better option as they have Average Damage as a base bonus.
3. Ninjas are not viable in pvp until around lvl 96 (bio mission bonuses, soulless knife) thus a mid level alternative such as Soul Stealing Blade (which comes with a base bonus of Demi Humans) could help and we could see ninjas even attempting to fight at the dojang in the 60-79 level bracket.
4. It's been a common practice in p servers to do it (look points 2. and 3. for the reasoning) [afaik].
5. Shamans to be able to compete with other classes pve and pvp wise received Grim Reaper Bell & Eight Trigrams Fan in this version of WoM so why not show some love to ninjas too.
6. I don't really see how it could bring imbalance to the game overall.

From what I know most changes on wom are made based on the data so it would be cool to see someone like @Snake give us an insight whether there's data pro and against it.

Feel welcome to leave some well-thought feedback in the replies

Sheen

Game Master
Staff member
Game Master
Hello!

Changes such as these should be made before the server is launched. Regardless of the time, I really like your suggestion. If every 70 level's Weapon had 12% (yes, 12%) Human Bonus, it would be interesting 🥰

Have a nice evening,
Sheen.

Qiel

Hello!

Changes such as these should be made before the server is launched. Regardless of the time, I really like your suggestion. If every 70 level's Weapon had 12% (yes, 12%) Human Bonus, it would be interesting 🥰

Have a nice evening,
Sheen.
Well, we can't expect everything to stay the same at all times, besides there should always be some balancing tweaks every now and then with weapons and armors, I would say the only changes that should be done before the server is launched are decisions such as releasing exorcism scrolls in the item shop for 2 hours, and then removing them thereafter.

Snake

Game Designer
Staff member
Game Designer
Hello lads,

I can't help but notice that the Siamese Knives' bonus rework doesn't seem to have any downsides. The unique selling point of these knives, their bonus against monsters, was essentially taken over by the level 60 weapons. So, it looks like it's time for a shift in focus, and it seems like that shift will be towards PvP. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, and I'll begin the process of reevaluating, rethinking, and testing out the variables for this change.

Topic closed.

Best of luck,
Snake!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.