What's new

speculator from MAP 2

Why doesn't the speculator from MAP 2 change his offers every day? At the moment, he is asking for 20 manuals in exchange for a blessing scroll. Do you really think it's a good deal? This request is for at least one week. I have come to the conclusion that the Speculator is of no use.

Warrex

Hi can we get different offer every day because I don't have many books or manuals.
Sometimes the trade offer is is not even worthy like asking for 20x manuals = 1x blessing scroll.
Maybe to add offer for materials ?

3C3C.png

Anastasiya

Game Master
Staff member
Game Master
Hi Warrex, as I'm not from the game design team, I cannot give you a certain answer regarding the topic. However, since creating refine manuals with 500 random books is also possible, I do not think that trade offers will focus on books this often in the future. Additionally, the trades are not designed for books specifically, but for the excess items, so it would probably be possible to do some trades with upgrade materials as well. Thank you for your suggestion ♥️

Anastasiya

Game Master
Staff member
Game Master
Hi Cozonac, the current offer at the peddler is with books, not with tomes. The trade offers are not supposed to be an everyday thing, they automatically close when players reach a certain number of trades and there is no guarantee for getting a new trade right after the previous one.

Moreover, not every trade is designed for everyone in the server. One day a trade will benefit the DT farmers, the other day it will benefit the fishermen. It does not necessarily mean that it has no use.

Hi Cozonac, the current offer at the peddler is with books, not with tomes. The trade offers are not supposed to be an everyday thing, they automatically close when players reach a certain number of trades and there is no guarantee for getting a new trade right after the previous one.

Moreover, not every trade is designed for everyone in the server. One day a trade will benefit the DT farmers, the other day it will benefit the fishermen. It does not necessarily mean that it has no use.
Art or manual is still not worth it. It's better to sell art in the offline shop and make a better profit. And on top of that, how do we players know that the offer is over or how many objects does the speculator need to restart a new offer?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    913.7 KB · Views: 33

Anastasiya

Game Master
Staff member
Game Master
Well, refine manual is actually worth it as it may be the main thing you can use your excess books for + do not forget the fact that it doesn't end once you reach lv 10 refine skill, you keep using points there as long as you upgrade, so it is an endless need. About the trade offer, I do not think that I'm allowed to share the number of the trades that needs to be completed, players cannot view how many trades have been done anyway. The trade offer is not supposed to be an "event" exactly, so only the ones who actually check the trade daily know when it starts and ends.

DPS

Well, refine manual is actually worth it as it may be the main thing you can use your excess books for + do not forget the fact that it doesn't end once you reach lv 10 refine skill, you keep using points there as long as you upgrade, so it is an endless need. About the trade offer, I do not think that I'm allowed to share the number of the trades that needs to be completed, players cannot view how many trades have been done anyway. The trade offer is not supposed to be an "event" exactly, so only the ones who actually check the trade daily know when it starts and ends.
So, you say that 500 books are worth 1kk then. I'm afraid the general store may offer more for 500 books. :)

ThePlayer

So, you say that 500 books are worth 1kk then. I'm afraid the general store may offer more for 500 books. :)
Exactly my thoughts! First, I thought it was a mistake and they added an extra "0" there, but then I confirmed with Baloo that it is the actual value.

@Anastasiya did anyone on the server actually exchanged 500 books for a refine manual?

Anastasiya

Game Master
Staff member
Game Master
Exactly my thoughts! First, I thought it was a mistake and they added an extra "0" there, but then I confirmed with Baloo that it is the actual value.

@Anastasiya did anyone on the server actually exchanged 500 books for a refine manual?

I cannot give you any information regarding that, but I doubt that refine manual's price will stay stable. The more players go to higher levels and start to upgrade more items, the more expensive it will get. As I said, refine manual is an endless need as you don't just stay lv 10 and stay there. You need to spend those points there in order to upgrade with the extra chance.

ThePlayer

I cannot give you any information regarding that, but I doubt that refine manual's price will stay stable. The more players go to higher levels and start to upgrade more items, the more expensive it will get. As I said, refine manual is an endless need as you don't just stay lv 10 and stay there. You need to spend those points there in order to upgrade with the extra chance.
Still it will never get to worth that much.... just at a simple calculation 500 x 50k each book = 25kk...

And btw, a lot of players dont even bother to pick up the books.

So by avoiding to give us an answer, you actually did. Thank you!

Anastasiya

Game Master
Staff member
Game Master
50k each book? I see a lot of books not being sold for 5k even, they are sitting on those shops for days and weeks. You may not find it worth and you do not have to use the feature at Soon, you can instead drop those manuals. But there are players who have too many of books and do the exchange at Soon, apparently someone finds it worth.

ThePlayer

50k each book? I see a lot of books not being sold for 5k even, they are sitting on those shops for days and weeks. You may not find it worth and you do not have to use the feature at Soon, you can instead drop those manuals. But there are players who have too many of books and do the exchange at Soon, apparently someone finds it worth.
The people who have so many books actually stored them for an eventual Book day event, which apparently is not a monthly event like on the old WoM2.

Secondly, why would you even bother creating that option at Soon if no one is actually using it anyway?

Anastasiya

Game Master
Staff member
Game Master
Book day is now a yearly event, most of the people don't actually store them for Book Day anymore because they are aware of that. Secondly, how did you arrive to the conclusion that people don't use it? They definitely do and that means some people actually find it worth. If you don't find it worth, just don't use it. Also this topic is not related to the thread's main topic, so let's end the discussion here.

Returning to the main topic...if no one is interested in the Speculator's offer for a period of time, wouldn't it be logical to renew the offer? SEEING no change do we come to the conclusion that SPECULANT is useless?

Apart from me, to be honest, I don't think anyone has ever exchanged books on a blessing parchment. Explain to me where the advantage of doing business with the Speculator is.

Anastasiya

Game Master
Staff member
Game Master
Apart from me, to be honest, I don't think anyone has ever exchanged books on a blessing parchment. Explain to me where the advantage of doing business with the Speculator is.
Why not? The trade offer was set with tomes by accident and it was fixed, replaced with books. 20 books are very easy to gather, especially if you are a metin farmer.

Why not? The trade offer was set with tomes by accident and it was fixed, replaced with books. 20 books are very easy to gather, especially if you are a metin farmer.
This thread about Speculant was in the idea of diversity. Finally, I see that I still wasn't understood. THIS IS... ANYWAY, you just do what you want and the opinion of the little players is not taken into account even if we bring arguments. Finally, tell me what is the use of an offer that no one is interested in?

Anastasiya

Game Master
Staff member
Game Master
This thread about Speculant was in the idea of diversity. Finally, I see that I still wasn't understood. THIS IS... ANYWAY, you just do what you want and the opinion of the little players is not taken into account even if we bring arguments. Finally, tell me what is the use of an offer that no one is interested in?

I'm aware that this thread is for diversity, and it is not that I do not understand what you say, it is just that your argument is not valid. Literally hundreds of players do these exchanges, who told you that no one is interested in? I don't think that a player knows more than a GM about the number of players doing the trade, as we are the ones seeing those flags.

ThePlayer

I'm aware that this thread is for diversity, and it is not that I do not understand what you say, it is just that your argument is not valid. Literally hundreds of players do these exchanges, who told you that no one is interested in? I don't think that a player knows more than a GM about the number of players doing the trade, as we are the ones seeing those flags.
It's simple, why should we trust someone who is so secretive with sharing of (any) information? You can very easily just lie to us... You guys here have a way of behaving, similar to politicians :rolleyes:

Secondly, ask 100 players in map1 if they ever made that exchange. Result: 50% maybe dont even know about the existence of that NPC and the other 50% says is not a good deal, as OP mentioned.