What's new

Technical question - HP absorb

plkio

Hello!

I would like to ask the Team Members to provide more details (perhaps perform some tests and provide feedback) regarding the difference between these 2 types of bonuses:

• Chance to deal 5% HP melee damage and absorb it as HP
  • Chance to recover 5% HP on enemy kill (provided by the Ebony bracelet +9)

Thank you!

KRs,
Adrian

IDemonI

Absorb hp means u absorb based on the damage dealt
Recover means each time u get a kill, u got a chance to recover hp

plkio

Absorb hp means u absorb based on the damage dealt
Recover means each time u get a kill, u got a chance to recover hp
Thank you for replying, but I still don't understand how the 'chance to recover HP on enemy kill' works.

For example:

I have an Ebony Bracelet +9. Each time I get a kill is it certain that 5% of my HP will be regenerated, or it is just a chance? In this case what is the percent on 'chance'? I. E. 30% chance to recover 5% HP.

Also, does it work on melee damage only (like the absorb HP bonus), or it should work for other kind of damage, too?

It would be helpful if the Team would provide some info about it. Also, I would appreciate if any player who owns an Ebony Bracelet +9 could run a test and tell how does it affect the regeneration of HP?

Thank you!

sswomacc1

I'd very much like to know that as well.
But those bonuses have always been intentionally ambiguous and the team here doesn't seem kind enough to answer these kind of questions.
The one thing I can say is - in my very limited experience - they are not worth it. Might be good additions to have if you already have the generic good bonuses but intentionally aiming for those with high priority ain't worth it because they barely seem to work. Which suggests it is indeed a 'chance' and that chance is rather small - whatever the chance may be. I just wish I could know the exact chance and how it stacks with other items that have the same bonus.

Zwierz

If the bonuses are not changed here compared to the global version of the game, then:
1. % of damage will be added to HP - regardless of its value in your inventory, you always have 20% that X% of the damage you deal will be returned to your HP.
Example: You have a 20% HP damage bonus in your inventory and you hit 1000 damage to monsters - statistically, every fifth hit you regain 200 HP.
2. Life theft - regardless of its value in your inventory, you always have a 10% chance to regain X% of your life when you kill a monster.
Example: You have 10k HP and you have a +9 ebonite bracelet with melts (8%) in your inventory - statistically, every tenth monster you kill gives you 8% of your life (800 HP).
It is worth noting that when stealing life, only the finishing blow counts. The % HP bonus works with every blow you land.

Last edited:

plkio

Hmm...
I now have an idea. Thank you, guys!

Would the Team confirm if this indeed works just as Zwierz pointed?

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

i'd say its as Zwierz explained but actually no one besides game design and/or developer can answer with certainty how these bonuses work. Usually we rely on our own experience as players. Sorry i couldnt be of a better help.

Regards.

plkio

Hello,

i'd say its as Zwierz explained but actually no one besides game design and/or developer can answer with certainty how these bonuses work. Usually we rely on our own experience as players. Sorry i couldnt be of a better help.

Regards.
I do appreciate the sincerity, Asteria!
Thank you!