What's new

The Thieves Glove & EXP-Ring Situation

Zaton

Hey there,

for the past 3 weeks I have been farming red woods and have made more or less 150 - 200kk a day doing only that. Big part of it was selling Thieves Gloves and EXP-Rings at a reasonably high price. For the past week they piled up to around 30 in my shop - at an already low price mind you - and 25 - 30 other shops struggle to sell them too.
The EXP-Rings have a similar situation.
This ofc saturates the market and keeps driving the prices down from like 3kk 2 weeks ago to now 1.7kk and lower.

Would you consider either lowering the dropchance or increasing the demand of them?

Cheers

Solution
craft 5 exp rings for 1 ring (1h) with 100% exp bonus

Thief gloves the same 5 thief gloves for 1 glove (1h) with 100% drop chance

Boy67the7

Hey there,

for the past 3 weeks I have been farming red woods and have made more or less 150 - 200kk a day doing only that. Big part of it was selling Thieves Gloves and EXP-Rings at a reasonably high price. For the past week they piled up to around 30 in my shop - at an already low price mind you - and 25 - 30 other shops struggle to sell them too.
The EXP-Rings have a similar situation.
This ofc saturates the market and keeps driving the prices down from like 3kk 2 weeks ago to now 1.7kk and lower.

Would you consider either lowering the dropchance or increasing the demand of them?

Cheers
Ye talked about that on another post. But they just said its supply and demand and if there are enough on the market its even fine when gloves are 500k and exp rings 100.

But i totally disagree. Thats one of the main income source of red forest. If these are worth almost nothing you can farm low level and make more money with less equipment and lower level.

ehpoR

Caused by main issue - late content release (JohnWarosa and 500 fms/rib farmers in red forest for few months)

macelll

I would like an option to craft 1/2/3h glove , removable one, with normal gloves ...Idk what ratio would be good...But it's annoying to use a glove for 1h, and u just switch channels and run forever to find stones to kill ...You waste the glove sometimes with low income from the hour "farmed" with it. I would easily trade 5 normal gloves for 1 2h removable one ...or 3h. At least i can unnequip it when i don't kill something. Even 1h removable glove crafted with 3 normal ones would be kinda ok, and this will make the gloves still have good demand. Because that's why atm ppl doesn't buy them ...Because there is barely anything to do, everywhere is crowded, so if u use a glove, u may end with little to no farm at all in that hour...

Zaton

I would like an option to craft 1/2/3h glove , removable one, with normal gloves ...Idk what ratio would be good...But it's annoying to use a glove for 1h, and u just switch channels and run forever to find stones to kill ...You waste the glove sometimes with low income from the hour "farmed" with it. I would easily trade 5 normal gloves for 1 2h removable one ...or 3h. At least i can unnequip it when i don't kill something. Even 1h removable glove crafted with 3 normal ones would be kinda ok, and this will make the gloves still have good demand. Because that's why atm ppl doesn't buy them ...Because there is barely anything to do, everywhere is crowded, so if u use a glove, u may end with little to no farm at all in that hour...
The problem with that is tho, that you can stretch a removable 1h glove to like 10h :D so they probably would get bought even less. :/

Boy67the7

I think the drop should be reduced. Other actions would result in them beeing no cost again after some time.

I think if you farm 1h you should drop like max 2 gloves. To sell one per h and use one.

Exp rings sam 2 max per hour.

macelll

The problem with that is tho, that you can stretch a removable 1h glove to like 10h :D so they probably would get bought even less. :/
It depends ... If u are killing only metinstones, maybe, but what if u are farming upgrade materials ? For example, killing archers at 45 stones...u need to keep glove equipped if u want better chance to drop the materials, so u burn the glove faster, in this case the normal glove would suit better. And if u craft one 1h removable glove with 5 normal gloves, i think that would be a fair trade...Add to that lower chance to drop the glove and it should be ok.

User

They could use Peddler for this and do it from time to time randomly,,, but not once every year
but like 1 time in a week since the amount is limited for the Peddler quest, so they have better info what numbers could be nice.

Boy67the7

I just farmed 1h with glove and full drop equipment.

I got 5x glove and 6x exp ring.

I was in red forest not helia and it wasnt completly full but there were like 6 other ppl farming so it was okay farming.

The drop needs to be reduced HARD! not by 20% or smth minimum by 50%!

Aubury

Accessibility of gloves to ALL players > profit of Red Forest farmers

Reducing the drop chance for thief's gloves will exacerbate the farming experience on this server. Remember 3 weeks ago there was a discussion about thief's gloves? Such a change should never be done at the expense of player comfort. I doubt many players are excited about having the opportunity to farm without gloves.

Lack of content is where it's at. Dark Dragons maps should've been here yesteryear. If the situation really is that bad for Red Forest farmers, then make Thief's Gloves a unique drop from Red Forest metins. That way DD maps won't become the only OP source of income. Players will be able to choose between Red Forest and DD maps depending on profit from thief's gloves sales vs DD materials and raw yang.

papavero95

people in red forest do the more money respect all other player,,, why u always cryng?? u want sell 1 tief glove with 25% more drop for 3kk when u do in other map 20kk in 2 hours???people prefer do not use thief... play and not cry...

in other map for do 200kk u must farm 100 hours... and u cry because u cant' sell thief at 3kk....

BeyondGodlike

people in red forest do the more money respect all other player,,, why u always cryng?? u want sell 1 tief glove with 25% more drop for 3kk when u do in other map 20kk in 2 hours???people prefer do not use thief... play and not cry...

in other map for do 200kk u must farm 100 hours... and u cry because u cant' sell thief at 3kk....
Because they have no life and meaningful things to do in it.

Zaton

Good point. High Level players don't need to buy gloves, since they can farm them for themselves. So the most people that buy gloves are people below lv 75 and the money there stretches thinner. I guess the lowering of the price is a good thing after all. 😅