What's new

Wom2 - Current PvP situation

PlaQ

Since its a really important topic I would like to adress the current PvP problematic:

In my opinion right now there is close to no reason to grind for any PvP related content.
Wom2 was a very PvP based server for a long time in the past. Over the years it evolved and many updates in the old Wom2 led to very questionable updates making a lot of old Equipment useless and worthles.
When this new Wom2 was opened, nobody really knew in which direction this server would go. Now, a few months later we can say that Wom2 now has a very stable playerbase and a lot of active high lvl players. Since launch, players are more focused on PvM content than PvP. The reasons for it may be the following.

The most imporant things:
1: No overall balancing between the classes. Some classes are way weaker then other.
2: WAY to high Damage Numbers in 1 vs 1 and OPVP - Pierce and Skill DMG do not corelate with another. You die within 2-3 Skills MAX in OPVP thats not fun at all. It also kinda makes the point of having good defences unseless since you die anyways.
3: Creating a PvP character is a very expensive investment and takes a lot of time to complete. We as players need to be better informed about the next updates. Nobody wants to invest several kkk in gear that might be useless in the future. The change from Sirius to Moye was a great change BUT players need to be informed of these big changes so they don't wait endless weeks to start investing.

Could also help:
4: There are no relevant PvP related Events which actually reward players investing several months into building a Charakter (Fierce Costumes)
5: There is no important Worldboss System which encourages OPvP. Add a worldboss once a Day when most people are online. For example 8/9 in the Evening.
6: No real OPVP EQ - Jes I know Nemere Equipment will come but again ---> Point 3 no one wants to invest yang/time now when 90% of it will loose its value soon.
7: Remove the usage of mounts in PvP. When PvM Chars are on mounts they deal too much pierce damage as well.

I hope this thread reaches as much attention as possible.

Stforjanka

Valid points, the server desperately need changes around pvp, better worldboss system is absolutely the way to go and you can see how positively it impacts the server on all newschool servers, how many cool dramas and beefs between guilds emerge. But issues need to be addressed first, and i feel like the barrier of entry into pvp should be lower and ceiling put up higher to balance it out.

thuggy

the server is perfect, just the alchemy needs to be changed because it fails too much and is too less alchemy on the server.

Stforjanka

the server is perfect, just the alchemy needs to be changed because it fails too much and is too less alchemy on the server.
Yeah and i bet that elon musk thinks capitalism is the greatest invention of the earth. The more people enjoying the server the better for u as well, soon there won't be anyone to pvp you and u can go ahead and be the self proclaimed king of wom but because u are the only player left, not because u are the best.

Zdobyy

If you want to play on the empty server you should change the game to singleplayer mode.

Currently server is in state that many people see that we need changes a lot of them - without them amount of people with high lvl will start decreasing - and its the first step in bad direction due to other people see that "top" is not playing so there should be something wrong with the server so they also going out - its like snowball.

Ano

In my opinion right now there is close to no reason to grind for any PvP related content.
thats already the first mistake someone can do... theres always a reason to do pvp sooner or later something will change.

Nobody wants to invest several kkk in gear that might be useless in the future.
well bro sometimes you have to risk it i bought rune sword pvp 10 demi 12 str 10 crit and it got useless xDD bro sh1t happens
5: There is no important Worldboss System which encourages OPvP. Add a worldboss once a Day when most people are online. For example 8/9 in the Evening.
-1 we did last times alot pvp at witch/wubba till someone gave up Witch has a very good drop and is a guild world boss
6: No real OPVP EQ - Jes I know Nemere Equipment will come but again ---> Point 3 no one wants to invest yang/time now when 90% of it will loose its value soon.
imageing you will need all race beta neck's +9 to create Glacial Necklace (nemere necklace)

no one of us know what will happen in the future you all can start opvp and do ur best everything can happen but saying like theres no reason to grind for opvp is not the right way

Ano

anyway im +1 if they just add the grey liquit physical dmg resis max 20% it would reduce the dmg abit

AdamlMalysz

Input from my side:
I don't want to invest in PVP items at current state as I'm not sure what will nemere bring.
Entry level to even start playing pvp is very high and requires a lot time or euro.
Watching COL vs Hated I can tell there is too much damage and lack of balance between classes.
Upgrading beta items required for pvp sounds like suicide to me, but maybe it is slightly better now after last update.
Sooner or Later I'll start thinking about pvp anyway, but I'm not speedrunner this server is very slow and it requires a lot of time to start pvp.

lilrock

I think we all can see that there's a problem with how strong different types of characters are. Characters who deal physical damage can cause a lot more harm than those who use magic damage. On top of that, there's the magic resistance dew that significantly decreases the dmg.
PlaQ mentioned how much effort it takes to create a character just for pvp battles. It's not just about getting the right equipment; it's also about leveling up and getting the necessary skills, and finish bio quests. Many players end up using their existing characters meant for farming to handle attacks from others, and it's not great for proper pvp fights. Unfortunately, right now, pvp isn't good at all.

PlaQ

Magic damage is too high too, with crap items full hh you'll still do 10k normals
Magic Damage is not too high. Especially in late game. There is a huge imbalance once you use every Push Possible. Without using any pushes Magic Damage is definetly high as well, but we always have to consider that you can have a lot more Magical Defence once you Have Alchemy and use Dews.
I would suggest to implemet a way to even out the necessity of using Push in order to reach Max Defence vs Magic Classes. Imagine having to use 20% Sword Dews (and Garnet Alchemy Stone) to make propper duells.

Last edited: