What's new

Bring back the old Wom2 fishing system.

Incessant

Hey I would like to suggest you to bring back the old Wom2 fishing system.
The new system which involves that mini game is frustrating and boring. Back then a lot of people (including me) were only fishing because we could socialize and have fun with other people who were also fishing. Now with that mini game in the middle of the screen you will not be able to talk to other people anymore, only if you stop fishing.

Grimmie

Hey I would like to suggest you to bring back the old Wom2 fishing system.
The new system which involves that mini game is frustrating and boring. Back then a lot of people (including me) were only fishing because we could socialize and have fun with other people who were also fishing. Now with that mini game in the middle of the screen you will not be able to talk to other people anymore, only if you stop fishing.
But honestly this new fishing mini game is way faster than the old system where you wait and just press spacebar once.
You start it and finish it within seconds, in between next fishing minigame you write or do whatever you want and continue.
The only thing it doesn't allow is that you can do it on multiple accounts but does that really matter if it's way faster?

Ozzy

People who want to abuse the old system and fish with 5 accounts can go to hell.
Be reasonable and embrace the new cool system.

Incessant

People who want to abuse the old system and fish with 5 accounts can go to hell.
Be reasonable and embrace the new cool system.
It's not about abusing it, as I've said, people have already found ways to abuse the new system. It's about the fact that this is not an old school element and it kills socializing while fishing, something that was very fun in the old school days. I've seen a server who uses the old school fishing system and they've found a way to prevent fishbotting. So it is possible to implement it.

Ozzy

It's not about abusing it, as I've said, people have already found ways to abuse the new system. It's about the fact that this is not an old school element and it kills socializing while fishing, something that was very fun in the old school days. I've seen a server who uses the old school fishing system and they've found a way to prevent fishbotting. So it is possible to implement it.
dude go socialize irl . I will come and kill you and all your friends fishermen everyday if you complain more.

Linnie

Well, I too am afraid of how it will affect socialization (yes, we still exist, people who like to talk...), but we'll see, I have not been to a place which has this new system. Economy, hacks? I have no idea, but I'll miss the old one, that's for sure. I'm one of the biggest fans of oldschool metin here, and embarrassing or not, logical or not, it's hard to let go of these old things, sorry :$

Ozzy

Well, I too am afraid of how it will affect socialization (yes, we still exist, people who like to talk...), but we'll see, I have not been to a place which has this new system. Economy, hacks? I have no idea, but I'll miss the old one, that's for sure. I'm one of the biggest fans of oldschool metin here, and embarrassing or not, logical or not, it's hard to let go of these old things, sorry :$
too many feelings involved. Let logic and rationality guide you.

Incessant

I will believe your claim that fishbotting is just as easy when I see it.
Now after so many fishbotters got banned, do you believe me? There are better solutions than this new school mini game that has nothing to do with the old official (we play here because we want the old school feeling).
Going to the fisherman is sad, just a bunch of bots or people who can't talk cause they are too busy clicking fish.

Toxic

Now after so many fishbotters got banned, do you believe me? There are better solutions than this new school mini game that has nothing to do with the old official (we play here because we want the old school feeling).
Going to the fisherman is sad, just a bunch of bots or people who can't talk cause they are too busy clicking fish.
*sigmamale comment incoming*

Jokes aside, I hope maybe now they will consider bringing back the old system.

gymbeamm

you can also talk with others on chat playing the minigame I don't see the problem, you use only mouse to play it? [we don't even have the oportuniny to test it yet, so wait till 31st ^_^]

btw even when I go fishing, I never talk with others, for me social in metin2 is dead since ~ 2012/13 and here they are trying to recreate it with the languages and who knows maybe anything else?
What you talking about bro? This new system it's trash, kills all the fun, you have to be focused all the time on clicking, and in 10 tries, you only catch 1 fish or 2 if you're very lucky (and i don't talk about minnows, they don't count as fish) ... on the old system you have 4-5 seconds to pull the fish, but you can pull it whenever you want, you descide if you wanna pull at 1,5 or 2, or 3... it was more fun because every fish had a different pulling time, and a different chance of catching them, on this actual system is waaay more hard than on the old one, i bet very few people will keep fishing and the price of pearls and calims will go crazy.

Menace

*sigmamale comment incoming*

Jokes aside, I hope maybe now they will consider bringing back the old system.
i mean... the guy behind "Incessant" profile here on forum is the SigmaMale guy from discord that was so tilted at some of us for some reasons, he started copying names and pictures 🤡

Gankster

Idk if its possible or not, but i would love to use space for catching fish in circle instead of mouse ?
If its possible reduce circle size twice or triple and increase slighty succes of hook

Last edited: