What's new

Content Update and Server updates

Ozzy

In the last announcement,we were promised Heaven Lair. Its a bold and insane decision to only release HL1 without HL2 thats first of all, and NOT giving us Metins of Heaven is out of mind.
We waited SO long for content since the beginning of the server,over 100 players can farm forest and are maxed out for the actual content.
lets talk it step by step. Baroness was and is a disaster. It is not worth farming it as a source of money. The Timer of 30 min + whatever is left from the other 20 is insane
The Baroness right now ,the best drop it can give its Codex of Convergence which is 16-17KK . Considering that you can only DO 1 baroness per 50 minutes, with the best luck,you can get 40-45kk in 2 hours. ( 2 baronesses). Time Elixir drop should be heavily increased ,and the most important is the TIMER of the dungeon. ITS JUST NOT WORTH DOING IT. IT is a hard dungeon and exciting to do,but i dont see any reason why anyone would like to involve in farming it considering that even farming Fireland give you more income.

Now Azrael. Azrael should have been ALREADY in the game,or at least given to us in the last weeks because CLEARLY people dont have anything to farm and grind for
Red Forest is a mess, fully crowded,Heaven Metins would just help the server and the market.
As how hard and slow the content is getting released, People will get bored. Essence did us a very nice surprise announcing HL Metins ,and you decided to take away our hope and enjoyment . We need as many farming spots so people dont get bored and quit the server. I have a lot of friends from all the guilds, people like Dobrecek,Nicomando,Damian etc. NONE of them or ANY other respectable player on this server,enjoys ONLY 1 farming spot . Heaven Metins are A MUST HAVE. Diversity and obivously a new challenge for us .
IF you really want to balance them well, give us azrael on this friday and take a week to balance out the Heaven Lairs and then release them 1 after the other in 2 consecutive weeks.
The feedback you guys are receiving on the content release dates right now is super bad and you are not taking action
The playerbase is decreasing due to lack of content and implication.
I talked to almost every high level player who has an idea of the server and they have the same opinion. If you dont believe me ,make a poll of 24h. I bet over 90% of the votes will be positive. WE ONLY WANT THE BEST FOR THE SERVER.
Please listen to the community. Please take good decisions.
Start it by releasing and giving us Heaven Metins and then we will see . Essence is everyday on the chat with us taking suggestions and being the *middleman* with the team. LET US HELP. We play the game in the end.

Last edited:

Essence

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ozzy,

While I understand your frustration, it's not right to publicly criticize and insult members of the team. I'll give you a few minutes to edit out all the personal attacks you mentioned in your post, and objectively focus & elaborate on what you've said regarding the gameplay:
  • Why do you think we should add the Metins of Heaven?
  • Why's the Baroness experience so underwhelming?
  • What suggestions do you have for keeping high level players from taking a break?
  • etc etc.
Warm wishes,
Essence.

Ozzy

Hi Ozzy,

While I understand your frustration, it's not right to publicly criticize and insult members of the team. I'll give you a few minutes to edit out all the personal attacks you mentioned in your post, and objectively focus & elaborate on what you've said regarding the gameplay:
  • What suggestions do you have for keeping high level players from taking a break?
  • etc etc.
Warm wishes,
Essence.
a bit faster content release would definetely help. Heaven Lair 2 should be given us as soon as possible. MAXIMUM middle of June. then 2-3 weeks break until BETA. Keep us hyped,keep us entertained.

Jappkin

I agree with Ozzy. The idea is that the server should be long-lasting, and by adding content, players can continue to be attracted or not to the gameplay. The problem is that there aren't many options for making yang, players can only farm in a few places (they're not having fun with that). Let's think about the current period, not the one from 2015, where actually, on this server, the majority of players join to relax, not to get frustrated. From my point of view, this team has not understood that players join this server purely for fun, not to get frustrated, and with your decisions, you are driving them away instead of attracting them even more.

Therefore, the drop rates and many other aspects should be reconsidered in order to balance the game. The prices on the old server seemed well-balanced (about the beginning) to me compared to the new server, where many things are unfavorable for the players. Currently, it feels like playing Russian roulette, where you can spend 8 hours farming and end up with nothing profitable.

Chrizz

The most area of HL1 is not used, and does not provide good rooms to experience there, if you dont have Heavens Metins, there are the Ice boss ans some good Rooms to EXP.

i suggest to add the HL Metins, keep the entrance requirements higher than the Red Wood.

so lower levels can go red wood, higher levels can go HL1, dont make the metin spawn too much and make it randoom, so that you cant farm ch1-6 and go to the next spot.
ad something nice to HL metins, which are not in the Redwood metins. but keep the drops similar,

i mean less gloves and less exp rings but another item - or shard which can be combined to an item for stone upgrading etc.
maybe tainted chehoums, or ad a very very very rare drop i mean less drop than soulstones the Bonus Changer+ ( the one where u can decide to keep the old bonus or roll the new bonus, something that will make you grind zo het it or make good money if you sell it.

i mean farming pretty the same like in Red wood but knowing i have a 1/500 chance to get something ultra rare.

but adding HL1 and keeping RE cramped is kinda not usefull.

Last edited:

Zenoheld

Hi Ozzy,

• etc etc.
Warm wishes,
Essence.
people make their +9 equipment already and the only thing we can improve is alchemy which is nearly impossible at this stage, we need new content. as a naga farmer, i don't want to stay here for 100 more years and want to level up but there is just no point for me to level up rn. Also i don't understand the point of having heavens lair floor 1 without metins? what will people do there? just levels??

Last edited:

Loco

I agree with Ozzy. Releasing content this slow will cause the players to already have really good equipment when new content is released causing it to be no challange to clear it. It's kind of unfortunate.

Nikku738

There is literally nothing to do right now besides farming red forest metins that are way too overcrowded. Azrael is not here , the baroness is very disappointing. Unless you are farming at 5am you spend more time looking for metins than actually breaking them and that is very boring to me , especially after doing that for so many weeks. Adding HL1 only with ice witch will not help with this problem a lot , in my opinion , because only large guilds will be able to camp ice witch. Adding heaven metins is a very good way to help against that and high level players will have something new and exciting to do and they will not quit/take a break from the server because they are bored. Also, dont forget that this server is WOM2 , those metins existed on the old server and people liked them , people will also expect them to be here , it makes no sense for you remove them.
The way the cooldown is right now , you can do 1 baroness every 50 minutes. If you are extremely lucky you can make 25-30kk per boss , but the average money you make per boss is probably half of that and maybe even less. Farming on red forest/ghost forest/firelands is way more profitable and when you are farming there you are actually playing the game , not killing one boss in 5 minutes and then going afk for another 45 because you cannot leave sd3 to do something else without wasting 4 permits.
New content such as azrael , metins of heaven , hl2 with beran etc.
More events , not just national war every week and nothing else.

Last edited:

vojtila

Everything you describe is either intentional, or intentionally unaddressed. Something went wrong in the dev room and nobody who is responsible for community management is greenlit to address these issues. They just want this to pass. Whether there are some critical, structural problems with implementing updates and late game content (doesn't seem so, otherwise the DT and Baroness wouldn't be defunct, it would be essential to them to keep them alive so that people still have incentive to play and grind) or this is a creative decision to make the server tedious, this is a DESIRED STATE OF AFFAIRS. What we report as bugs and QoL issues is what they consciously and intentionally have planned in advance. They want the server to look like this until they decide what's next. We may stop caring for now.

Garou

Asking a development team to go faster is like asking a football player to play better, it's just a non-sense.
Everybody would like to develop faster, but how do you do that?
Developing faster means doing more mistakes along the way, bugs that will require a lot more time in the future to be fixed, causing other dissatisfaction.

Other than that i strongly agree on other points Ozzy proposed, that are nearly 0 cost (time and money wise) and are beneficial for the server:

- 1) Rebalance DT and Baroness drop
DT in the current situation provides 20kk/hour.
Is it worth when red forest provides you 30kk/hour even in the peak hours, a farm that requires less mental energies than doing a dungeon? Same goes for Baroness.
I know the Game-Design team doesn't want to give away too much too soon, but as you can see people are starting to getting tired and if introducing HL2 and Azrael within the deadline isn't possible, you have to make compromises with the community and give them something to work on.
The alternative is going afk at lvl75 and hoping people will still have the same hype and interest for the server in 9-10 days.

- 2) Adding metins in Heaven's Lair
I know the concern of not making this a server pokemon-like where everybody has free metins.
But right now this would be the best incentive possible for people to level up, way more than nerfing drops in lower maps.

- 3) Communicate more on your work-in-progress
There's something a lot more stressing than an unrespected deadline: Not knowing what's happening.
You haven't been able to meet the date you set? Ok, not a big deal, next time you'll calibrate better.
But you have to communicate to the community what's happening and when's the next plausible date you're going to release the content.
Because if you don't, people will be asking if it's ever going to be released at all.

As you can see the community in this thread is pretty frustrated.
That's a good thing, it means they still care for the server and want the best for it.
Best thing to do right now is to find a short-term solution to the problem that could temporarely satisfy the community, while the development team works on the new content.

gg @Ozzy for the thread, it summarizes well the feelings of the community right now.

Last edited:

Menace

TBH if they release that fast content the server will be done in 2 more months with everyone maxed XD then everyone will quit and call it a cashgrab. Thats my opinion tho, ALLTHOUGH I SUPPORT you guys that its boring rn, for me they just had to make the server a bit harder maybe , somehow the tryharders to take longer time to build stuff because im not one of them. I want to enjoy my time with people not tryharding alone like a bum. At this stage as server is going for 45days people to be somewhat full till 99 forest patch and just levels missing is kinda yikes. I cant imagine what it will be in 2 months when they released every content they have and you guys are full because they dont make it hard enough XD

Smokas

+1 , forest is always full and people need new content, imagine having everything done in game and farming red wood for more time everyone gets bored ...
Just make the metins spawn in weaker roams so people dont use metins to level up pulling capes + farming at the same time.
Also if the metins are strong and hard to tank make their chaos drop something valuable that is worth the strong char you will need.

Kuzman

Asking a development team to go faster is like asking a football player to play better, it's just a non-sense.
Everybody would like to develop faster, but how do you do that?
Developing faster means doing more mistakes along the way, bugs that will require a lot more time in the future to be fixed, causing other dissatisfaction.

Other than that i strongly agree on other points Ozzy proposed, that are nearly 0 cost (time and money wise) and are beneficial for the server:

- 1) Rebalance DT and Baroness drop
DT in the current situation provides 20kk/hour.
Is it worth when red forest provides you 30kk/hour even in the peak hours, a farm that requires less mental energies than doing a dungeon? Same goes for Baroness.
I know the Game-Design team doesn't want to give away too much too soon, but as you can see people are starting to getting tired and if introducing HL2 and Azrael within the deadline isn't possible, you have to make compromises with the community and give them something to work on.
The alternative is going afk at lvl75 and hoping people will still have the same hype and interest for the server in 9-10 days.

- 2) Adding metins in Heaven's Lair
I know the concern of not making this a server pokemon-like where everybody has free metins.
But right now this would be the best incentive possible for people to level up, way more than nerfing drops in lower maps.

- 3) Communicate more on your work-in-progress
There's something a lot more stressing than an unrespected deadline: Not knowing what's happening.
You haven't been able to meet the date you set? Ok, not a big deal, next time you'll calibrate better.
But you have to communicate to the community what's happening and when's the next plausible date you're going to release the content.
Because if you don't, people will be asking if it's ever going to be released at all.

As you can see the community in this thread is pretty frustrated.
That's a good thing, it means they still care for the server and want the best for it.
Best thing to do right now is to find a short-term solution to the problem that could temporarely satisfy the community, while the development team works on the new content.

gg @Ozzy for the thread, it summarizes well the feelings of the community right now.

Not to be that guy but there are several suggestion threads regarding reworks on both Baroness and DT. It's a matter of will to actually take these suggestions in. It's clearely way easier to rework current content than to release new content. Giving current high-level players alternative income sources is the easiest way to provide players with the feel of having something new and exciting to do, without it actually being new nor exciting.

The bar is on the floor.

Also nice post sirsky. Big up @Ozzy for the thread.

Drobecek

Hi Ozzy,

• etc etc.
Warm wishes,
Essence.
I basically agree with ozzy
  • Why do you think we should add the Metins of Heaven? >>> - I don't think it is a necessity if catacombs will come out as well next week if not then just hl1 without hl2 and dragon or without stones there won't be enough

• Why's Barones's experience so underwhelming? >> If you have good dmg and can tank everything you usually farm there where it is the best reward/hour of course if there are more locations that are close then you farm more locations/switch / or players simply divide in those locations (ideal situation).... but what can lvl 80+ do now? treasure maps? not worthy, baroness? As said above best drop /run is like 15-20kk but the avERAGE drop is much worse and together with the passages and key needed isn't worth farming at all, DT? reaper chest like 15kk? Forest makes more so most 80+ prefer forest..... so ye basically agree lvl 80+ has 1 location for farming metins in the red forest which is after a month simply... meh....(but I have to give you credit for the last patch with thief gloves and xp rings time nerf helped that at least this 1 location is still a viable farming option)... hl1 well there is a witch and overall not sure about the drops you will ad from mobs but still high levels need a dungeon a hard one something they have to cooperate and that's Azrael and in my opinion, it is already a weak late now

• What suggestions do you have for keeping high-level players from taking a break? >>> I see it in the guild where I am are quite a lot of 75+ some play less some already have break others thinking about it until new content is released > add hl 1+ Azrael next patch and hl2+dragon 2-3 weeks after and I think everyone will be all right......
  • another thing for me is pvp- pvp content.... 1x/ week a national war that lasts 15min? common.... where is dojang? where is 1v1 2v2 3v3 tournaments based on lvl categories where is the guild tournament..... i think there should be like 3 pvp events per week at least some players play just for pvp and they won't pvp in pvm when everyone is on horses and 15min/per week of national war is simply not enough.... not even talking about some spels are still not working... to be honest not be able to fix charge after 45 days is ..... body warrior pvp can be now only played by hitting cause spells are still broken
conclusion: forest after the last patch is all right, do something with baroness- at least remove cd, add drops to dt- probably each reaper 5 changers GRANTED( OR soul stone % increase from reaper) at least to make it an option, treasure maps 60-80 eed a buff drop probABLY ASO SOUL STONE INCREASE, adding in next patch Azrael(HIGH PRIORITY) and more pvp content... fix spells...... i think that will make most of the players satisfied..... Edit: ALCHEMY needs to rework- the bonuses, shard drop rate upping crafting pc is all right i agree with all of it BUT THE REFILL TIME IS GARBAGE- to costly- should be 24h on stones and much cheaper refill... now noone almost uses it cause refill os a joke

Last edited:
    We should had catacombs from the beginning of the server, imo its a bad idea to add hl 1/2 before catacombs, and now also its a bad idea to add hl1 without hl2..
    Even if you're going to add the witch now, guilds are going to make it at cd and after that going back on red forest to farm.

Its another source of farming, red forest is already full at every hour.

Fujitora

+1
Nothing to add, i allready said everything in every thread about this. Who knows maybe this is another dead thread...like the others..

CxGOD

+1

I stand with everything written above.

Adding higher lvl challenges will keep everyone involved.
Spreading people across the content will only be a benefit for the server.

I've said it before and I will say it again, communication it's key.
I get the idea of not having yet, a full time crew it's not allowing you to keep it up with everyone and everything but would be highly appreciated if somebody could share constantly some informations on what are the plans, what it's a work in progress and so on. This will assure people and get a glimpse of hope on things being heard and taking in consideration.