What's new

Dragon Stone Shards (Cors)

Boy67the7

My last post about this was just closed and not even discussed.

I tested it myself now multiple times in 1h periods and.... You can NEVER farm all 150 shards in 1h in Red Forest with lvl 86!!

I Got Glove in and max Drop equipment.

The average was around 4 Cors (40 Shards) Per hour.

My last Test was 4 Cors 3 Shards (43 Shards) in 1 hour.

This was all on LvL 90 metinstones. On 85 its even less.

I dont know what you tested but you most likely gave yourself 10k dmg and rained stones in front of you. You ignored the concept of your server in testing by not searching for stones in a crowded map. The drop should be realistic not tested with the 0,1% of player dmg and by not searching.

With this it takes me a minimum of 3h farming without break to get 12-13 Cors and for the 15 cors probably 3-4h.
If you are 90+ it probably takes 5h farming without break for the 20 cors.

I know that if you have 10k dmg its way faster but the drop shouldnt be made for the top 5 people it should be for the majority. And not everyone can play 3-4h every single day.
This drop is also damaging to players who can play 1-2 h a day because the cors are a big income for them and not getting them puts them behind.

I also considered if the drop is too high many people will make multiple accounts. But even if you need 2h for 15 cors that wouldnt be a reason for people to make 10 accounts.

I think the cors should be balanced around 2h for 15 cors. If you are 90+ you need a little longer and if you are below 75 you farm them quicker.
Also i dont know how it is with 90+ but i think you can only farm them good in Grotto 2. In Red Forest the monsters are getting out of level so the drop should be bad there with 90+.

AdamlMalysz

I don't think it's the problem with low drop rate of shards it's rather a problem with lack of good place to farm it at high level, metins stones are not optimal place to farm alchemy for sure.

Boy67the7

Ye true but i dont want to log in and farm them in like sd3 or smth like that for 1-2h. Then i would be farming only for the shards and nothing else. People who are farming for 1h a day dont want to only farm the shards and log out again.

I think the shards should be like a daily quest, not too hard to complete and that ppl who can only play for 1-2h a day can still make solid progress.

D

Deleted member 808

This drop is also damaging to players who can play 1-2 h a day because the cors are a big income for them and not getting them puts them behind.
The game becomes more and more tedious to play from a casual, semi-casual perspective.

• The Naaga nerf/buff (have no clue what actually is), affects the way casual players build their pet. Things get a bit more expensive, the dungeon itself is now on CD, limiting more those on... limited time.
  • Gathering got fixed, seemingly changing completely the way it works, but the success chance for the books or their drop rate throughout mid-level is close to 0.
  • Fishing was ruined for casual players. I understand the changes were made probably to combat fishbotters, but before you could spend about 2 hours and maybe make about 15-20kk from fishing. Now about 1 hour gets you on average 4 clams, which is about 2.5-3kk. Given it's an active process, the rewards vs. time investment ratio is dreadful.
  • DT EXP was nerfed. Now if you're a casual you have no option but to deal with the race of Spider Dungeon Dwellers, not to mention that you have to indulge the prices of Arachnid eq that everybody needs.

The list could probably go on.

I haven't interacted at all with the Dragon Stone Shard (Cor) system, but if it takes you more than 30 minutes - 1 hour a day to farm something that has a capped drop anyway - well should I say more? The market impact and whatnot should be calculated based on what % of the playerbase can get those daily cors, not on the % of the playerbase that has the time to farm them.

I used to fish in the days where I honestly couldn't keep up with things and couldn't engage in a session of farming. As you know (the situation in forest might be worse), but it does take you about 20-30 minutes to assess the situation and see how crowded a map is - going through all the channels etc.

At the moment there's pretty much nothing casual that I could do and still give me a sense of progression. Not to mention that if I do want to progress normally, I have to wake up early in the morning to catch a free farming map or stay late up in the night for the same reason. Even then, free maps rarely happen.

I understand that this is mainly the metin2 concept, but things slowly become incredibly unfun for me, especially now that I'm at mid-level and metin farming is pretty much my only option. I'd prepare for Naaga, but I need gear and also want to upgrade my skills to P - Soul Stone drop is trash, barely got 1 in about 1k metins, so all I earn should go into buying them. But for me to earn, means I have to farm more and during some times of the day, that's not an option. Fishing is 0, mining is saturated. Oh, well.

I'm not saying those that stay up late in the night, take unpaid leave from work, skip school or whatnot shouldn't be rewarded for their sacrifices. But, at the moment, those that do not or can not are being pushed back a bit too hard. First fishing, now gathering, soon enough mining will be addressed as well, after all the ore market is quite overflowing right now.

Sorry for off-topic - TL;DR > An item with a daily (or weekly, hint hint) cap shouldn't take hours (accent on multiple) to farm completely and should be definitely awarded in a faster and natural way throughout various (again, accent on various) forms of gameplay as there is no way for said item to be overfarmed. Increasing the time it takes to farm said item is not an optimal way to prevent people from creating multiple characters to farm it, it only creates annoyance.

Stop treating us like we have 4 to 6, even 8 hours a day, every day, to play the game. Stop catering the game to those that actually do have this time. Stop removing bit by bit every single enjoyable part of the game. Stop addressing changes in a way that is a massive disfavor for the casual playerbase.

AdamlMalysz

Ye true but i dont want to log in and farm them in like sd3 or smth like that for 1-2h. Then i would be farming only for the shards and nothing else. People who are farming for 1h a day dont want to only farm the shards and log out again.

I think the shards should be like a daily quest, not too hard to complete and that ppl who can only play for 1-2h a day can still make solid progress.
You don't have to focus on farming shards if it's inefficient. I think shard drop is fine, and it takes you more time to farm all shards because your level is higher than level of monsters you kill, you farm in a place with plenty of other people, metins resps less mobs than exp/farm spot, and also it depends on your eq, alchemy pet, IDK if you have ruby full pet and 75 weapon +9 with good avg it will speed up farming also. Just don't expect to farm efficiently everything you want in one place.

Boy67the7

You don't have to focus on farming shards if it's inefficient. I think shard drop is fine, and it takes you more time to farm all shards because your level is higher than level of monsters you kill, you farm in a place with plenty of other people, metins resps less mobs than exp/farm spot, and also it depends on your eq, alchemy pet, IDK if you have ruby full pet and 75 weapon +9 with good avg it will speed up farming also. Just don't expect to farm efficiently everything you want in one place.
You excactly mean the top people who farm there.

MOST PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE A PVE RUBY FULL PET AND 75 WEAPON+9!

And the dragon shard drop shouldnt be balanced around those. It should be balanced around the casual player.

So where should i farm with 86? Grotto2 is no farm spot and the last thing that is left for me is Red Forest.

Ulyse

Even if I play more than 3h in a day, i can,t make all shards. If I make 5 from 10, I lose 4kk of them, i better buy them from shops instead staying and droping them. Drop it's fine, it's just your problem if you can play just 1h in a day. At 800k 1 cor I guess it's not the end of the world.

Last edited:

Boy67the7

Even if I play more than 3h in a day, i can,t make all shards. If I make 5 from 10, I lose 4kk of them, i better buy them from shops instead staying and droping them. Drop it's fine, it's just your problem if you can play just 1h in a day. At 800k 1 cor I guess it's not the end of the world.
You dont see the problem here.

The majority of players play 1-2 h a day on average a week. But if they cant make money or progress they just quit and the player count decreases.

So the dragonshard drop is a very good way to keep them playing the 1-2 h a day so they still can make progress.

I can play 2 h one day and 8 h the other day but that still feels bad because in the 8h i dont drop anything and in the 2h i cant get all.

Maybe the solution can be to make the drop weekly or smth.

Ulyse

Dude, you don't understand what i said. You will not make money from 5 cors that you are losing cuz you can stay just 1h in a day. It's about between 5-10kk that you are "lose". Those money are plusing 2 items from+0 to+4. If we had a cap of 40, 50 cors in a day, then you should name that a problem. Try to play that 1h smart, and not to choose the hard way. Maybe the good solution it's to up the cap of cors to 25+

Boy67the7

Dude, you don't understand what i said. You will not make money from 5 cors that you are losing cuz you can stay just 1h in a day. It's about between 5-10kk that you are "lose". Those money are plusing 2 items from+0 to+4. If we had a cap of 40, 50 cors in a day, then you should name that a problem. Try to play that 1h smart, and not to choose the hard way. Maybe the good solution it's to up the cap of cors to 25+
So upping the cors is a very very very bad idea. So ppl not playing much get fcked even more. So def. not.

And you only see one day buddy. The problem is that these 5-10kk are missing EVERY SINGLE DAY! Do that over a month and you lost 300kk.

AdamlMalysz

You excactly mean the top people who farm there.

MOST PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE A PVE RUBY FULL PET AND 75 WEAPON+9!

And the dragon shard drop shouldnt be balanced around those. It should be balanced around the casual player.

So where should i farm with 86? Grotto2 is no farm spot and the last thing that is left for me is Red Forest.
but why you want so badly to farm all these 15 or 20 cors per day? It's just addition to everything you farm or while leveling not main method of making yang.

Boy67the7

but why you want so badly to farm all these 15 or 20 cors per day? It's just addition to everything you farm or while leveling not main method of making yang.
The point is here that casual players can make better progress.

I played over 30 P servers and on almost every of them the casual players (which are the majority of players on every server) left because they are left behind and cant make good progress because everything is getting very expensive because the nolifers push everything up.

This will be a good option for casual players to make progress while not pushing the nolifers because they have alternative options to make even more money.

Boy67the7

you can do it faster in hl1
I know that you can do it faster in hl1 hl2 SD3 demon tower etc.

The point here is that you dont farm anything else meanwhile.

So imagine you have 2h a day to play. You log in go hl1 farm the cors 1:30h or maybe the whole 2h and then log out.

You didnt farm anything else and still cant really make good progress.

But instead imagine going Red Forest farming stones while getting the cors to max and making good progress even with 2h played.

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!

I do understand that it is not easy to collect max daily number of possible cors but when i think about it, there is a big gap between lets say a "nolifer" player (wasnt meant to be offensive by any means) and a casual player that plays lets say 2h a day. Difference between them is obviously a huge thing.
So Boy67the7 you say that the problem would be that content that player used to "consume" to make a profit in general (his bank) and content appropriate for him to farm cors (max he can get) is not the same thing, yes?

Regards.

Boy67the7

Hello!

I do understand that it is not easy to collect max daily number of possible cors but when i think about it, there is a big gap between lets say a "nolifer" player (wasnt meant to be offensive by any means) and a casual player that plays lets say 2h a day. Difference between them is obviously a huge thing.
So Boy67the7 you say that the problem would be that content that player used to "consume" to make a profit in general (his bank) and content appropriate for him to farm cors (max he can get) is not the same thing, yes?

Regards.
I dont really understand what you mean by that sorry.

What i am trying to say with that thread is more like rewarding player more that can only play just a bit each day so they dont loose the fun here when the others who play much more just speed above them.

And a good system to reward them is the Dragonshard system which is capped. But if the players who play just a little cant even get to the cap it feels very bad for them and it feels like they miss out and dont make much progress.

Edit: A change here wouldnt change anything for the players who farm 6, 8 ,10 ,12 etc hours a day it would only improve and help the experience of players who play just a bit each day.

Last edited:

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
yes i understand. Well i meant that you either go rw to make max profit/h or hl to farm cors (as example)...so there are two different places to farm, and even then its a question if you get to the daily cap of cors. if you decide to go for cors.

Boy67the7

yes i understand. Well i meant that you either go rw to make max profit/h or hl to farm cors (as example)...so there are two different places to farm, and even then its a question if you get to the daily cap of cors. if you decide to go for cors.
ahh now i know what you mean.
Ye i mean imagine logging in everyday to go into a map just to farm the cors i dont know if that is fun to play but maybe for some.

The other thing is me for example i get to the cap almost everyday but some days not and these days i dont know but feel very bad like i am missing out and make me loose motivation.

I just imagined if people cant get to the cap everyday how that felt and i think i would completly loose motivation because i am missing out on that extra "loot" while farming.

Until you reached the cap of Shards its like a "farm buff" because you make extra money with shards. And if you dont use it it feels not good.

ehpoR

I know that you can do it faster in hl1 hl2 SD3 demon tower etc.

The point here is that you dont farm anything else meanwhile.

So imagine you have 2h a day to play. You log in go hl1 farm the cors 1:30h or maybe the whole 2h and then log out.

You didnt farm anything else and still cant really make good progress.

But instead imagine going Red Forest farming stones while getting the cors to max and making good progress even with 2h played.
no, you dont know. you can do it faster in hl1 not hl2