What's new

Rejected Guarenteed upgrade system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stforjanka

Hi. Lately, i've been seeing many people expressing their opinion about the upgrading system, and while being a fan of "hard mode" myself, i can't help but agree to some extent. Many of my friends ended their gameplay on the server because of this "feature", and I'm not surprised in the slightest.

The idea of farming for days and then having it all gone due to RNG is pretty common in mmos, but WEEKS worth of farm going to **** seems extensive.

What i would like to suggest is system similar to one already implemented with soulstones, which is guarenteed 36 soulstones to reach P, extrapolated to the upgrading system. What i mean is, that there should be maximum amount of failed upgrades before you are guarenteed that the next one will succeed. The system is already in place in games like Lost Ark, and it seems to work.

The amount of failed upgrades could be high, to preserve the "hard" nature of the server, but at the same time would prevent someone from spending 2 times the amount required to just buy the upgraded item.

I know that this suggestion might seem out of place for game like metin, but I don't know how to otherwise satisfy the administration's fetish to keep the upgrading system extra hard, and at the same time give players some amount of hope that they will loose at most 2 times the yang needed to just buy the item, instead of 6 which results in quitting the server.

The system would be limited to certain items, like 75 weapons and such.

From what i gathered, the refine system isn't very popular, this suggestion is the way to maintain hard RNG values and at the same time remove RNG after certain point.

Not sure about technical implementation of such solution, im curious what y'all think.

RealDrew

you can't remove the rng from metin2, it's most of its charm.
also idk if anyone would choose to buy an item +9 at a high cost if they know it will eventually succeed at +9 100%, everyone will try their luck saying "meh, it may go to +9 first try or I will just lose "x" more money than buying it".

Stforjanka

This is RNG limiting, not removal. And I agree, it is most of it's charm, but many people are dissatisfied with the extent to which it's pushed on the server. As for your point about removing the incentive to buy +9, that 100% depends on the way the system is implemented. The one I have in mind actually satisifies both parties, and is set in a way that doesn't influence market too much, instead gives a bit of hope and safeguard after certain point, which can be pushed as high as we like. The issue you mentioned can be eliminated by just setting the guarantee ceiling high enough.

I know that there are players who went through the hardship to get their items +9, and would feel like such suggestion makes their efort pointless, but i think there's a middle ground where the system can be implemented and not influence the market that hard. I'm afraid many of players who already did the items will want to "pull the ladder", where they don't want other's to succeed, because they would "lose" in zero sum game.

I introduced many players to the server, and i always have to warn them to not upgrade their items, and buy ready +9, because i know that they are used to much different values, and would quickly leave.

I encourage you to think about it, because the items you already did to 9 will be pointless if you are standing alone on the server.

Last edited:

Lestat

Nope, even tough I have NEVER succeed to upp +9 something, idk the amount of shields I broke these days, but rng on upp system is the core of metin. A solution ? Reduce the rng failure outcome (i.e.; increase the upgrades rate) but not for sure ensure a 100% upp

Anyway I got your point, here and there I read of people wasting kkk in nothing, and they are more than people who upp immediately something cause upp rates are adversarial to you. So my suggestion is upp only if the item doesn't exist in the market XD, or is too much inflated (right grudge swords ? <.<)

Stforjanka

Changing the upgrade rates would completely shift the market values, it would be too big of a change and screw players that already upgraded to +9 even harder. I stand by my opinion that this is RNG limiting, not removal.

I don't see anyone complaining that getting skills to P is made too easy, even though such system already exists there. And if there were voices that it is too easy, well, just increase number of soulstones needed. Same thing could be done to guaranteed upgrade system.

I don't see any other way to preserve the upgrade values, not compeltely shift the market, and still give players some hope that after spending so much yang not all is lost.

EDIT: Since the "guarantee" might seem like the scariest word to metin RNG enjoyers, maybe just bump in the upgrade rate after certain threshold would be better solution, like let's say 20%

AdamlMalysz

I don't know. I like the idea of reducing rng factor, so it's more fair, but on the other hand it's completely anti-climatic for game like metin, which is so heavily based on rng. Personally I'm not a gambler and possibility of wasting 100 hours of farming on upgrading item and end up with same or lower plus stops me from even trying to upgrade anything expensive, so I would enjoy this system, but as I said it feels very anti-climatic.

Stforjanka

Okay, what about gradual SLIGHT increase in % after each failure after a certain point? I don't want to completely shift the upgrading process, i want to change the marginal cases where someone has spent so much that it's ridiculous. This is not a suggestion for complete upgrading overhaul.

Stforjanka

I think it would be account bound, so only the person trying to actually upgrade it himself benefits from it, so again, we don't change market values.

Hello,

i agree with this totally, rates can be increased or decreased but nothing else should be changed about it in my opinion.

Regards.
It's easy for you as an administrator to say that you wouldn't change anything but to be in the place of a normal player who works for a whole week to try to raise his weapon to +9 and not see any results. AND I MEAN THAT THE ATTEMPT WAS REPEATED EVERY WEEK IN A ROW. How would you feel?
I tell you honestly, I am very sorry that I donated from the little I had. In the 7-8 months since the server opened, I still haven't managed to +9 a lvl 75 weapon.

Solarium1

It's easy for you as an administrator to say that you wouldn't change anything but to be in the place of a normal player who works for a whole week to try to raise his weapon to +9 and not see any results. AND I MEAN THAT THE ATTEMPT WAS REPEATED EVERY WEEK IN A ROW. How would you feel?
I tell you honestly, I am very sorry that I donated from the little I had. In the 7-8 months since the server opened, I still haven't managed to +9 a lvl 75 weapon.
stop crying about the uprates that's why the server is stable and the market thats why your upgrade drop have values l2p.You can easily make an item +7 and never fall down below +6 so just use compass and the refine in some attemts you gonna make it +9 if you are unlucky

stop crying about the uprates that's why the server is stable and the market thats why your upgrade drop have values l2p.You can easily make an item +7 and never fall down below +6 so just use compass and the refine in some attemts you gonna make it +9 if you are unlucky
What do I understand that 95% of lvl 70+ players are unlucky like me? That they still don't have a steel armor or a +9 poisoned sword? Stop being the smart one.... ask to your left and to your right and those next to you how they are.

What's the use of staying with +7 items if we can't do +9? I understand that I'm unlucky... but what do you say about the remaining 90%?

Toxic

My solar blade that ate around 5kkk atm and was +6 3 times would like to know your location.
Maybe stop talking out of your rear side and let people make a fuss about the crap up rates and how they kill all of your drive to play. It's not normal to fail an item 50+ times AT +4. It's not normal to waste weeks of farming and end up with a +3 item. For lower level you at least have guaranteed to +6, imagine how fun anything after level 90 is

sie777

if you want to save your nerves, just skip the 75 and go straight to 90 weapon.

btw, rates are trash, only blue kingdom looks alive, so seems that newcomers players achieve some point of game when they start facing crap upp rates and they instant leave.

sie777

My solar blade that ate around 5kkk atm and was +6 3 times would like to know your location.
Maybe stop talking out of your rear side and let people make a fuss about the crap up rates and how they kill all of your drive to play. It's not normal to fail an item 50+ times AT +4. It's not normal to waste weeks of farming and end up with a +3 item. For lower level you at least have guaranteed to +6, imagine how fun anything after level 90 is
pay2win or die trying

darwizzy

well you can't use those scrolls on beta equipment

darwizzy

would be nice if we at least would have the darkness compass introduced, beta has been around for a long time and i've seen less than 5 weapons/armors + 9

ChestiX

pay2win or die trying
Do you know what is funny? "pay2win"😂
I play like from the begining on this server hopping it's like the old one (RIP best server what will not be anymore ever) and i donate montly... yeah i'm lazy to try to get the best price on MD in the game for Battle Pass or Premium... and guess what. Every Time after i donate i have like 100% chance that the next upgrade will success or i got a very lucky bns.. my sura is ready for Razador, 5/5 Armor/Weapon... I still want to hope it's just luck...but is funny that just after donation the luck come to me😂

Status
Not open for further replies.