What's new

Introduction to Alchemy & Potion of Binding

Essence

Administrator
Staff member
alchemy forum.png
Dear Players,

We are excited to release our new introductory guide to the Alchemy System and Potion of Binding. This guide aims to help you understand how to manage our own version of Alchemy, use the Potion of Binding, and more. We understand that Alchemy can be a complex system, especially for new players, and we want to help you get started on the right foot especially now that certain changes were executed. The guide includes information on what's different about the alchemy mission, alchemy types, bonuses, materials, creating the Potion of Binding and so on. Keep in mind this is only an introduction, discovering the rest in-game relies solely on you.

We hope this guide will be a valuable resource for you and welcome your feedback. Thank you for playing and enjoy the game!

The Alchemy System
You may now start refining and equipping Alchemy on your character. In order to enable the quest, please pay a visit to the Alchemist once you have reached level 50. You will be tasked to hunt various mobs, stones, bosses, etc in order to drop the appropriate Dragon Stone Shard.
  • If the Dragon Stone Shard is not correct, this will disappear from your inventory.
  • If the Dragon Stone Shard is correct, a quest window will notify you must return to the Alchemist.
The reward for completing this initial quest is:
  • Cor Draconis (Rough)
After completing this quest, a daily drop quota for Dragon Stone Shards is enabled. Those can be sourced by hunting various mobs. The daily shard drop is as follows:
  • 10x Cors/Day, level 50-74
  • 15x Cors/Day, level 75-89
  • 20x Cors/Day, level 90-99
You will receive 1x Cor Draconis (Rough) for every 10x Dragon Stone Shard collected.

Types of Alchemy
There are multiple types of alchemy, each one providing you with different base & secondary bonuses. “Base” Bonuses are fixed, while the two secondary bonuses are random from that list (yes, you can only get two secondary bonuses). That being said, here's a quick list of bonuses to aid you in your endeavour:
  • Diamond: Its base bonuses are INT & Lightning Resistance. Secondary bonuses can be Attack Magic Power, Magical Defense, Skill Damage, Resistance against Skill Damage, Strong against Metin Stones, Critical Power Boost.
  • Ruby: Its base bonuses are STR & Fire Resistance. Secondary bonuses can be Attack Value, Defense, Average Damage, Average Damage Resistance, Strong against Warrior, Pierce Power Boost.
  • Jade: Its base bonuses are Max. SP & Wind Resistance. Secondary bonuses can be Max. HP, HP Regeneration, Chance to deal % melee damage and absorb it as HP, Chance of Critical Hit, Max. HP %, Strong against Mages.
  • Sapphire: Its base bonuses are DEX & Ice Resistance. Secondary bonuses can be Resistance to Warrior Attack, Resistance to Assassin Attack, Resistance to Sura Attack, Resistance to Mage Attack, Strong against Bosses, Poison Resistance.
  • Garnet: Its base bonuses are Max. HP & Earth Resistance. Secondary bonuses can be Max. SP %, SP Regeneration %, Max. SP, Magic Resistance, Strong against Assassin, Strong against Monster.
  • Onyx: Its base bonuses are VIT & Darkness Resistance. Secondary bonuses can be Chance to block physical attacks, Chance to dodge arrows, Chance to reflect direct body hit, Critical hit chance reduction, Pierce hit chance reduction, Strong against Sura.
Potion of Binding
Potion of Binding crafting window is now enabled at the Alchemist. The Potion of Binding will increase the chance of attaching a Spirit Stone to an item. You may use it by right-clicking on it before trying to attach a stone to your item. In order to craft 1x Potion of Binding you will need:
  • 100x Orange Essence
  • 1x Codex of Convergence.
Orange Essence can be sourced by dragging and dropping Spirit Stones from +0 to +3 onto the Alchemist.
Codex of Convergence can be dropped by slaying the Spider Baroness. This item is not included in the Baroness’ Chest but it directly drops from her.

That's all for today. You may use this thread to ask questions & provide answers to other players after you've discovered the systems by yourselves.

Warm wishes.
Essence.

Last edited:

Menace

1683276633879.png

Isnt it supposed to be
Jade base bonus to be Max HP and Garnet base bonus to be Max SP
in every server jade is the HP one and is garnet SP

Toxic

After completing this quest, a daily drop quota for Dragon Stone Shards is enabled. Those can be sourced by hunting various mobs. The daily shard drop is as follows:
  • 10x Dragon Stone Shard/Day, level 50-74
  • 15x Dragon Stone Shard/Day, level 75-89
  • 20x Dragon Stone Shard/Day, level 90-99
You will receive 1x Cor Draconis (Rough) for every 10x Dragon Stone Shard collected.
Essence with all of the love and respect and care in the world... WHY.
Please explain why we are only allowed to farm between 1 and 2 cor per day between level 50 and 99.
It will take months to get to a legendary alchemy stone... with the rough clarity..

AdamlMalysz

Essence with all of the love and respect and care in the world... WHY.
Please explain why we are only allowed to farm between 1 and 2 cor per day between level 50 and 99.
It will take months to get to a legendary alchemy stone... with the rough clarity..
Just create and level 20 chars to farm alchemy and you will have 200 cors per day lol

KappaDappa

I am pretty sure it is just a typing error, and they mean 10 cors instead of 10 shards.
This team is doing a lot of stupid decisions, but this is too much even for them :p

Toxic

Yea guys I am also HOPING it's a typo but I won't lie, I'm mentally preparing for it to not be a mistake 🤣

Rainer Wahnsinn

Why are new systems added at all, when there are at least 10 other problems that could make the player experience much more enjoyable right away? Instead, they add a system that forces you to level up with 10 characters to level 50.

Chrizz

• 30x Dragon Stone Shard/Day, level 50-74
  • 60x Dragon Stone Shard/Day, level 75-89
  • 90x Dragon Stone Shard/Day, level 90-99
This makes more sense I guess, this way you also reward one account high lvl players.
The actual difference between lv50 account spammers and one account high level players is way too low.

How about adding a secondary Skill "Alchemy" you can raise it with books, maximising this skill allows you to farm more shards per day :cool:

KappaDappa

I don't even understand why Alchemy is being added at this point at all to be honest.
There is barely any content in the game yet, that would deem Alchemy necessary. Everything is perfectly doable without alchemy.

I expected it to get added with the lvl90 maps expansion, which would make more sense in my eyes, as Razador/Nemere/Meley and many Lv90 map metins and bosses are super hard, and also the elemental resistances would make sense.

Now, the droprates are way too low so that any useful alchemy will be obtainable in a timely matter anyway, while at the same time there is not much sense behind it either.
I predict that Alchemy prices will be super high due to their rarity, and once the time comes that it is actually needed (Lv90 maps update), either people will be super mad that Alchemy is not affordable, and/or the drop of the alchemy will be adjusted.
This in turn will then piss off all the other people who spent tons of money before.

I loved the Alchemy system on the old WoM, because it had a good balance to it in my eyes. It was not super cheap, but on the lowest clarity at least affordable, while also providing the opportunity to grind and spend lots of money to go for higher clarities and max out the stats.

With these droprates this will not be the case here. Lowest clarity legendaries will be super expensive, and barely affordable, which will then in turn give the people who have it a massive advantage. Sure, that should be the case generally, but balance is the key. If alchemy is too expensive and gives too much advantage, it will just cause frustration to the other players.

And yes, I saw that they meant 10-20 CORS and not shards / day, that's what I expected anyway.
On old WoM, it was 80 cors for lv90+, and there were plenty of Lv90 players as well, so my point still stands.

Last edited:

Essence

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

Small typo. The person who wrote this thread meant Cors there, and that you'll receive 1x Cor for 10x Shards.

Hope that clarifies the situation,
Essence.

Hi,

Small typo. The person who wrote this thread meant Cors there, and that you'll receive 1x Cor for 10x Shards.

Hope that clarifies the situation,
Essence.
thank you we are friends now again

Chrizz

Quest is not working im 54 and i cant actiavte any quest from the alchemist, and no i dont want 1 level up to get the quest.

alex3i2

This alchemy system is the same as the official, encouraging the players to create lots of alts chr just to farm cor, since it is not capped to characters too.
This system is a bad design in my opinion.
My suggestion is : Cor shards should be unlimited or capped to 50. Drops only from metins, you require at least lvl 50+ and the drop for 1 shard should be low as a bonus changer
So in theory, you have to break at least 5-6 level 70 metins in order to get a shard.

Iluna

This alchemy system is the same as the official, encouraging the players to create lots of alts chr just to farm cor, since it is not capped to characters too.
This system is a bad design in my opinion.
My suggestion is : Cor shards should be unlimited or capped to 50. Drops only from metins, you require at least lvl 50+ and the drop for 1 shard should be low as a bonus changer
So in theory, you have to break at least 5-6 level 70 metins in order to get a shard.
ye.. like the idea but thats madness with the amount of player. only someone with 8+hrs a day can do

Boy67the7

Well you need 3h a day in Red Forest to get 15.

I think thats kinda fine. 2h would be better.

If you want to do a second char just to farm 15 more in 2h then so be it. Big costs and little reward so not really worth.

The problem with Alchemy atm is that its required in every aspect to farm and pvp but the time is way too expensive.