What's new

Please up the Cor Draconis droprate

Zaton

Hey there,

when farming cors I find myself dropping them at around 3 - 4 Cor Draconis per hour. At level 60 that amounted to around 2.5 hrs per day and was feasible and casual friendly. However with those rates this amounts to 5 - 6 hrs daily at lv 90+ and it simply feels like a chore.

I imagine that there are faster ways to farm them other than on stones, like pulling capes in SD3 or HL, but that would also lose significant profit.

My suggestion would be to increase the droprate of cors to keep the overall time investment in check.

In order to combat cor inflation through a bunch of lv 50 chars I would keep the droprate for the first 10 cors and increase the droprate for 10 - 15 and increase further 15 - 20 with the goal of bringing overall time investment down to 3 - 4 hrs per day, which is still quite a lot of daily time for a hobby.

Cheers

Boy67the7

Who would have guessed that this topic comes around when more ppl are farming.

Made a post months ago got ignored so forget it they do smth.

Edit: Yes its easy to get them on empty maps but on overfarmed maps it takes hours and hours.

Senju

I agree with increasing the droprate, but you should consider a solution that nobody can "abuse" it with multiple characters. As soon as you dropped one Dragon Stone Shard (B) it should set your character as daily Cor Draconis farmer and you can only drop with a maximum of 2 characters per day to avoid abusing.

Zaton

I agree with increasing the droprate, but you should consider a solution that nobody can "abuse" it with multiple characters. As soon as you dropped one Dragon Stone Shard (B) it should set your character as daily Cor Draconis farmer and you can only drop with a maximum of 2 characters per day to avoid abusing.
Yea I tried to with leaving the droprate for the first 10 cors the same, but your idea is good too. :)

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

all i can say is that the team will check things about alchy, not promising any change because it depends on their findings. It wont be checked today but will be perhaps in a week. We will see what it brings to us but i tried to stress it out for you. I dont like players making 100 x 50 lvl chars just to get the cors faster, this isnt a solution either...anyhow, we will see.

Cheers 👊

D

Deleted member 808

I dont like players making 100 x 50 lvl chars just to get the cors faster
I believe that's only part of the issue, the lesser part...

I tried farming my Cors on lv. 50 metins with a lv. 50 char with a Glove equipped (yes, from what I tested, Glove does affect Shard drop rate) and I'm regularly getting multiple Shards per metin, sometimes even 3-4.
Then I tried the same scenario but on lv. 60 metins - barely 1-2 Shards each metin (with some not even dropping them). What would take me about 1h to complete at lv. 50 metins with Glove equipped would take me close to 3 hours at lv. 60 metins (minimum difference between the time that it takes to kill metins). Note: I'm also taking the time to damage/skill archer mobs as well, to guarantee something drops from them upon killing the metin.

I believe I should be rewarded for being able to tackle lv. 60 metins in terms of Shard drops. Lv. 50 metins are easier than lv. 45 metins in most cases. So that is the reason why you have multiple lv. 50 characters farming Cors, because dropping cors at that lv. on lv. 50 metins, maybe even 55, is so much easier compared with at least lv. 60 metins.

The drop rate should increase gradually with the metin level. At the moment, a poorly equipped warrior killing lv. 50 metins can make their daily Cor cap 2, even 3 times faster than a nicely equipped warrior farming lv. 60, 65 metins.

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
I believe I should be rewarded for being able to tackle lv. 60 metins in terms of Shard drops. Lv. 50 metins are easier than lv. 45 metins in most cases. So that is the reason why you have multiple lv. 50 characters farming Cors, because dropping cors at that lv. on lv. 50 metins, maybe even 55, is so much easier compared with at least lv. 60 metins.

The drop rate should increase gradually with the metin level. At the moment, a poorly equipped warrior killing lv. 50 metins can make their daily Cor cap 2, even 3 times faster than a nicely equipped warrior farming lv. 60, 65 metins.
i personally agree with this totally, sounds devastating that one lower lvl player with much worse equipment (less time and effort invested in all that) has better drop than a higher level with better equipement o_O but yeah got that since everyone is in euphoria with farming cors on 50lvl char/s ughhh

Zaton

i personally agree with this totally, sounds devastating that one lower lvl player with much worse equipment (less time and effort invested in all that) has better drop than a higher level with better equipement o_O but yeah got that since everyone is in euphoria with farming cors on 50lvl char/s ughhh
Farmed for 3 hrs at the 90s stones today and have 8 cors and 7 shards. I drop one shard per stone at best it's so annoying.
And I farmed them nonstop off cooldown, since I have the respawn timer..

Boy67the7

Ye in Red Forest its very bad.

I dont understand the problem with for example 10 50 chars. In the time you farm the alchy you made more money on one full geared char with other loot.

Also you have to level pet etc on every char equip you can trade.

Also could be an alternative farming method why not.

Zaton

Ye in Red Forest its very bad.

I dont understand the problem with for example 10 50 chars. In the time you farm the alchy you made more money on one full geared char with other loot.

Also you have to level pet etc on every char equip you can trade.

Also could be an alternative farming method why not.
Because it would massively flood the alchemy market and devalue the whole thing. I don't think that many people are farming cors with multiple characters now, but if you can drop 10 cors in 30 min with no effort that will most likely change.

My whole agenda with this post was to bring down high level time investment down from 6+ hrs to 3hrs max.

D

Deleted member 808

My whole agenda with this post was to bring down high level time investment down from 6+ hrs to 3hrs max.
I personally wouldn't mind lv. 50 - 70/80 players having a harder time farming their daily Cors as long as the max lv. and max Cor cap people can actually farm theirs in a day. Otherwise, there's no point in raising the cap as you level up higher and higher - Shard drop rate should increase accordingly, or else having an increasing daily Cor cap doesn't make any sense at all.

Chrizz

im lv 60 and i need 4hrs farming in fireland with full drop, i drop them so bad i dont know why, even in V3 i took me 3hrs to get all of them i dont understand this

D

Deleted member 808

im lv 60 and i need 4hrs farming in fireland with full drop, i drop them so bad i dont know why, even in V3 i took me 3hrs to get all of them i dont understand this
I think the drop is not tuned accordingly.
I have a great time, on a lv. 50, dropping them at lv. 50 metins, but a very bad time at lv. 60 metins.
A friend of mine however says he drops them just great at lv. 60 metins, him being lv. 60.

I believe we should try to test the drop on multiple metins +/- 10 levels related to our level and maybe showcase how bad the drop is tuned, because it might be really bad.

rodrigmike

Make the cor draconis not tradeable, so you can only trade like antique alchemy. Like this you would add the risk and the you would need to farm like 2 or 3 weeks straight to make an antique to be able to trade it.

AdamlMalysz

Really? Are you farming with m skills and die 3 times per metin?, if not I have no idea how it can be that slow even without using thief glove.