What's new

Current state of the server.

Kahn

Hi. I would like to address some issues that are crucial for the server in the long run. More and more players are expressing their dissatisfactions with the way the things currently are, and I feel like some of them need to change.

First of all, the biggest problem is the rate of upgrading items. Most of the players are 90+ right now and the upgrading process has proven to be at least "not ideal" so far.

Second, high level players don't get any new content, no lost king treasury maps, no nemere, no razador, no new map, no new dungeon. The endgame is getting stale, the pvp is dead. It won't take long for top player's to start getting bored (a lot of them already are). There has to be something to strive towards, a goal of some sorts. Theres almost nothing right now.

You are buffing metin stones from beta maps why? Yang from 1h in beta farming metin stones is pretty bad, also now u buff metin stones with more HP, seriously? The inflation is making it even worse. I would like if administration gave explanation for doing things, not just changing and keeping us guessing, treating us like children that don't understand balance around the game.

Also, you guys '' add more things to the begginers '' but the Refine Manual thing is pretty bad for them, before them exo & hermit was 2-3kk, now exo&hermit are more than 4-5kk each, so how it's supposed to advance easier as a begginer?

After all things, polymorph marbles PROBLEM, we don't have good marbles on market. At this moment, there are over 350+ shops in map1 blue and from 350+ only 10 have good polymorph marbles, cause yeah, u reduced the drop of them, like, yeah, begginers made too much yang from it so let's reduce it.

Chaoses from beta are pretty bad as well, 1-4 changers as drop, some additional drop as exos/blessing marbles/exp. wines without +/ and maybe powder for upgrading pvp weapons, which the drop for it it's terrible.

To resume:
upgrade rates
endgame is stale
pvp and balance is dead
both beginners AND endgame players are getting discouraged because of this fetish to slow the game down.

If somebody has more suggestions, please don't hesitate to leave them in the comments below. I feel like if this doesn't get addressed now, the game starts dying despite the latest tick in player count. These types of servers are usually held by high lvl players, and those are getting dissatisfied.

Last edited:

Squall1

Hi. I would like to address some issues that are crucial for the server in the long run. More and more players are expressing their dissatisfactions with the way the things currently are, and I feel like some of them need to change.

First of all, the biggest problem is the rate of upgrading items. Most of the players are 90+ right now and the upgrading process has proven to be at least "not ideal" so far.

Second, high level players don't get any new content, no lost king treasury maps, no nemere, no razador, no new map, no new dungeon. The endgame is getting stale, the pvp is dead. It won't take long for top player's to start getting bored (a lot of them already are). There has to be something to strive towards, a goal of some sorts. Theres almost nothing right now.

You are buffing metin stones from beta maps why? Yang from 1h in beta farming metin stones is pretty bad, also now u buff metin stones with more HP, seriously? The inflation is making it even worse. I would like if administration gave explanation for doing things, not just changing and keeping us guessing, treating us like children that don't understand balance around the game.

Also, you guys '' add more things to the begginers '' but the Refine Manual thing is pretty bad for them, before them exo & hermit was 2-3kk, now exo&hermit are more than 4-5kk each, so how it's supposed to advance easier as a begginer?

After all things, polymorph marbles PROBLEM, we don't have good marbles on market. At this moment, there are over 350+ shops in map1 blue and from 350+ only 10 have good polymorph marbles, cause yeah, u reduced the drop of them, like, yeah, begginers made too much yang from it so let's reduce it.

Chaoses from beta are pretty bad as well, 1-4 changers as drop, some additional drop as exos/blessing marbles/exp. wines without +/ and maybe powder for upgrading pvp weapons, which the drop for it it's terrible.

To resume:
upgrade rates
endgame is stale
pvp and balance is dead
both beginners AND endgame players are getting discouraged because of this fetish to slow the game down.

If somebody has more suggestions, please don't hesitate to leave them in the comments below. I feel like if this doesn't get addressed now, the game starts dying despite the latest tick in player count. These types of servers are usually held by high lvl players, and those are getting dissatisfied.
+1

thuggy

the server is going very well just the alchemy is a big problem, last month 6 tries to diamond cl5 fail, 9 tries to sapphire cl5 fail, 9 tries to garnet cl5 fail, and everytime i got bad bonus back. i calculate and i collected 33kkk spent on the alchemy and got fkin nothing, so i can say last month i did nothing and farmed a lot. no one from this server spent 33kkk on alchemy in just a single month and ofc i got nothing, how i am supposed to play if i spent that much in a single month and i got nothing? @Snake do something

Kahn

the server is going very well just the alchemy is a big problem, last month 6 tries to diamond cl5 fail, 9 tries to sapphire cl5 fail, 9 tries to garnet cl5 fail, and everytime i got bad bonus back. i calculate and i collected 33kkk spent on the alchemy and got fkin nothing, so i can say last month i did nothing and farmed a lot. no one from this server spent 33kkk on alchemy in just a single month and ofc i got nothing, how i am supposed to play if i spent that much in a single month and i got nothing? @Snake do something
Also, alchemy, yeah...pretty strange the rates for alchemy.

darwizzy

It's the same story all over again, back then it was the lvl 75 weapons now its the beta weapons, players were sick of red forest now they are sick of beta. You fixed it last time, you gave us beta, you improved the lvl 75 succes rates and things were very good for a few months. Now we are at that point again and we need something new. I understand your hands are full with the christmas event but i think january should be the time for new content. This is coming from a casual player who doesn't play for more than 1-2 hours a day, maybe a bit more during weekends, i'm getting very close to the point were i wouldn't have much to do in 1-2 months.

For the pvp i think it's good the way it is, if you want to be the best you need to invest the most into your account. But you can do things to encourage all lvl pvp, like fighting for the world bosses, witch and wubba or fighting for the forest heart in helia, stuff like that across all levels, i think it would make the game more fun.

Stforjanka

It would be great if admins could share their side of the story and why they are reluctant towards certain changes, with specific examples.

Squall1

It's the same story all over again, back then it was the lvl 75 weapons now its the beta weapons, players were sick of red forest now they are sick of beta. You fixed it last time, you gave us beta, you improved the lvl 75 succes rates and things were very good for a few months. Now we are at that point again and we need something new. I understand your hands are full with the christmas event but i think january should be the time for new content. This is coming from a casual player who doesn't play for more than 1-2 hours a day, maybe a bit more during weekends, i'm getting very close to the point were i wouldn't have much to do in 1-2 months.

For the pvp i think it's good the way it is, if you want to be the best you need to invest the most into your account. But you can do things to encourage all lvl pvp, like fighting for the world bosses, witch and wubba or fighting for the forest heart in helia, stuff like that across all levels, i think it would make the game more fun.
"For the pvp i think it's good the way it is, if you want to be the best you need to invest the most into your account. But you can do things to encourage all lvl pvp, like fighting for the world bosses, witch and wubba or fighting for the forest heart in helia, stuff like that across all levels, i think it would make the game more fun "
when u invest let s say 10kkk in a weapond and atoher person make it from first time +9, it's no longer about who gets the most, it's just about luck, as happens with most beta items, it's just about luck, not who gets the most

Toxic

I feel like if this doesn't get addressed now, the game starts dying despite the latest tick in player count.
We've been addressing stuff like this on this forum since many months ago, the problem is only the players address them.
Most staff replies are borderline meant to piss people off like a good chunk of Snake's replies to any serious topic or they're just like "ehh we'll add them sometime". Think about how much we had to complain about the stupid global cooldown for aqua drake. The staff refusing to disclose any information and to be open and honest about their plans is, as always the main issue along with refusing to hear players out.
Most players agree 99% of the changes or implementations feel like nobody actually tested them. EVER. You can't tell me a random shaman with like 60hh and no alchemy no real defenses +6 eq no liquids no dragon timed item should kill another player in 2 to 3 skills and that's okay. If you watch the pvp content CoL or Hated dudes upload it's disgusting how unbalanced the pvp is. In any pvm matter you're punished for any progress.

Oh you leveled up? Here have some:
- crap drop, 2 weapons per metin, 0 to 2 upgrades and some random useless stuff from elite bosses
- level to upgrade your armor, weapon, shield? - dw, you'll never get them past +6 and you should consider yourself lucky if you get to +6 in a few billions
- the chance to get two-shotted from some random shaman or dagger ninja or mental warrior
- more cor but you'll drop your daily 20 cor in at best 3 hours and you'll fail from antique to cl1 in 80% of the cases
- a daily mission that's gonna give you quartz sand or water crystal or 2000 yomi shields, and you'll want to end your existance trying to get some of the bosses for it since everyone is farming bosses in DD maps
- a world boss you'll never find spawned or he'll already be poisoned and you'll just get onshot (i heard you need like 30k hp to tank that boss, totally normal :ROFLMAO: )

My point is the server feels not tested, not balanced, as Kahn said, their fetish to slow people down in any way, shape or form is just killing their server. Sure everyone wants a long-lasting server that's gonna bring them pride and money but as staff they don't even know how to make money??? The itemshop has nothing worth spending your money on except monthly premium pack, pass and an occasional costume?

Don't even get me started on the random totally not realistic pass quests, to end up with some questionable rewards and mostly a bland costume.

If you feel that nothing ever works and nobody listens to your valid points, why bother to play? Where and how are you supposed to find any motivation to want to stay? It feels like the old server all over again when the team was overconfindent that there's no other server like this and people HAVE to stay since there's nothing else similar to WoM out there. Well times change and people learn to adapt to newschool servers that offer them QoL. That offer them balanced gameplay. That offer them proper communications. That don't change the patch notes several times the day they are posted and even days after. That justify buffs and nerfs and don't do things just because they felt like it and it fits their vision.

I believe the team forgot that at the end of the day they're selling people a product. You need your players to LIKE YOUR PRODUCT

Stforjanka

relauching with different concept would be the best solution... sadly
I think the positive effect of the fetish towards slowing the game down is the fact that its still early and changes are possible. And it might hurt in the short term, but i hope playerbase is mature enough to accept it.

Also, theres obvious bias of players wanting more faster and better equipment, which might be not good for the server, so admins have to be cautious when listening to suggestions, because player can always change the server but if an admin fucks it up its fucked and they are left with it. Theres a way to balance it out and its not easy whatsoever, but seeing the amount of complaints something needs to be done.

Last edited:

sie777

every time u comment its always non constructive hate, if you don't want to help you should shut up or find another server
i dont see any hate in my message bro, get stronger glasses or smth, summing all problems is the best solution is reset. btw we all know that a** lick talent u have, no need to share again. if u dont know what to comment, u can skip this topic.

darwizzy

i dont see any hate in my message bro, get stronger glasses or smth, summing all problems is the best solution is reset. btw we all know that a** lick talent u have, no need to share again. if u dont know what to comment, u can skip this topic.
yep you proved my point

NuAsaya

+1, from what i see its hard and not motivating to enter high lvl.
i heard of the rates and i was shocked by the alchemy sucess rates, even i (an alchemy addict) dont do that stuff anymore, cause its just painful.

they need to make it a bit easier to enter endgame^^

Low-Mid Level are actually fine. but endgame needs to get buffed

ChestiX

We've been addressing stuff like this on this forum since many months ago, the problem is only the players address them.
Most staff replies are borderline meant to piss people off like a good chunk of Snake's replies to any serious topic or they're just like "ehh we'll add them sometime". Think about how much we had to complain about the stupid global cooldown for aqua drake. The staff refusing to disclose any information and to be open and honest about their plans is, as always the main issue along with refusing to hear players out.
Most players agree 99% of the changes or implementations feel like nobody actually tested them. EVER. You can't tell me a random shaman with like 60hh and no alchemy no real defenses +6 eq no liquids no dragon timed item should kill another player in 2 to 3 skills and that's okay. If you watch the pvp content CoL or Hated dudes upload it's disgusting how unbalanced the pvp is. In any pvm matter you're punished for any progress.

Oh you leveled up? Here have some:
- crap drop, 2 weapons per metin, 0 to 2 upgrades and some random useless stuff from elite bosses
- level to upgrade your armor, weapon, shield? - dw, you'll never get them past +6 and you should consider yourself lucky if you get to +6 in a few billions
- the chance to get two-shotted from some random shaman or dagger ninja or mental warrior
- more cor but you'll drop your daily 20 cor in at best 3 hours and you'll fail from antique to cl1 in 80% of the cases
- a daily mission that's gonna give you quartz sand or water crystal or 2000 yomi shields, and you'll want to end your existance trying to get some of the bosses for it since everyone is farming bosses in DD maps
- a world boss you'll never find spawned or he'll already be poisoned and you'll just get onshot (i heard you need like 30k hp to tank that boss, totally normal :ROFLMAO: )

My point is the server feels not tested, not balanced, as Kahn said, their fetish to slow people down in any way, shape or form is just killing their server. Sure everyone wants a long-lasting server that's gonna bring them pride and money but as staff they don't even know how to make money??? The itemshop has nothing worth spending your money on except monthly premium pack, pass and an occasional costume?

Don't even get me started on the random totally not realistic pass quests, to end up with some questionable rewards and mostly a bland costume.

If you feel that nothing ever works and nobody listens to your valid points, why bother to play? Where and how are you supposed to find any motivation to want to stay? It feels like the old server all over again when the team was overconfindent that there's no other server like this and people HAVE to stay since there's nothing else similar to WoM out there. Well times change and people learn to adapt to newschool servers that offer them QoL. That offer them balanced gameplay. That offer them proper communications. That don't change the patch notes several times the day they are posted and even days after. That justify buffs and nerfs and don't do things just because they felt like it and it fits their vision.

I believe the team forgot that at the end of the day they're selling people a product. You need your players to LIKE YOUR PRODUCT
100% Agree. I was 1 of the High LVL Players... played from beginning and hopped something will change, something will bring back the old WoM feeling. But at the end i packed my things, got my children and moved out to a newschool server, yes Newschool. I am an HARD PvM addicted player but besides WoM nothing give me the right feeling (old WoM) but this newschool server have a really great QoL and his Staff make updates listening to the players opinions..

I still look on this Forum with the hope something will change and i can come back... HOME.

- upp Rate is just a joke (joke that just after i donated the RNG will be more likely positive, happend 9/9 times so idk)
-The Dragon change was so hard to achive hey, we are asking for this for months..
- Alchemy should be reworked completly, drop pieces, upp rates
- that thing with the drop for the high players like okay here you are high lvl you don't need to farm anymore lvl is all it's matter.. not the items. Why should not be able to farm even if i pass the 100 lvl ???
- no content like nobody seen this masive changes? a lot of players on beta all moved away from forest?? Metins find with luck, Boss find with more luck then upp an item.. not really funny for some players who play like 1-2h a day

But the biggest thing i hate is:
-Player ask something from the old WoM, staff reply noo sorry this will not be anymore here or is not the way this new Wom will go.
- Player ask something new, staff reply noo sorry this was not on the old wom.

Like WTF dude, even you don't know what you want or what??

Stforjanka

I feel like changes should be at least explained (if not consulted) more clearly. The old mmo's that still stand strong to this day usually are due to back and forth between players and administration. The obvious bias of players always wanting more is not a reason to completely disregard any suggestions. Right now from what I've heard (because im new to the sv) is seems like changes are being made, but administration is this all knowing authority and playerbase are treated like children not knowing what they need, onlly what they want. There is a balance to be found, and even in disagreements, it would be cool if it were better explained why such change is not a good one, and maybe a little openess towards counter arguments.

Snake

Game Designer
Staff member
Game Designer
Hello guys,

Just a little heads up on your topic.

Firstly, the beta upgrade rate will undergo a slight rework to address the current situation.

Additionally, I understand that obtaining and rolling for good bonuses in Alchemy needs to be more accessible. However, changes will appear with the meley run where it's purpose is to bring alechemy on the server and make it easier to hit desired bonuses. I'll be working to provide more opportunities for alchemy in events and battle passes until the necessary run will hit live servers.

I acknowledge the challenge high-level players face with level differences affecting drop rates. I'm actively exploring ways to adapt the drop rate system so that your character's drops remain unaffected even as you reach the maximum level.

Regarding new content, I appreciate your patience. While the beta has been around for five months, the final touches, particularly the chaos elements, were added recently. As we transition from the holiday season, you can anticipate the release of new content earlier next year.

Thank you for your understanding
Snake