What's new

Hated World Bosses bug abusement

Status
Not open for further replies.

3XK

Hi everyone, as allowed by Amun I invite You to discuss the situation with hated members being banned for exploiting the world bosses bug allowing them to kill the bosses faster and easier, potentially without making the required eq.

The bug exploitation likely lasted for months and was documented by members of the guild FakeTaxi (whom I kindly asked to explain how the bug worked). Hated members who got caught were served 30 days of the ban, which some of us feel was insufficient.

o) You may not exploit any bug, feature, or design within any WoM product or service. You may not intentionally use and/or share such information, real or fictitious, regardless of intent, or if it grants an unfair advantage. You may not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of such an exploit/bug to another user of the WoM service.

This is in TOS, so it's clear what they have done deserves a ban, but the question is, how long should the ban be? In my personal opinion, the fact that You can get a permanent ban for RMT/trading items on another server, because "it can damage the economy" proves this this should either be a permanent ban or roll back for their accounts. They have damaged the economy way more than anyone else would with simple RMT, so I don't see the logic behind such A soft punishment. To top it all off, they were doing it for MONTHS, it's not like they just realized yesterday that they can bug beta bosses. They knew what they were doing, and did it for a long time.

I invite You to cast Your vote here Poll

Amun said the 30 days was final, but we can always discuss it. I am not positing the videos but they are there, if teams allow it ill post videos too.

RealDrew

Killing Beta Bosses with bugs/exploits for over 3 months is a game-breaking situation. They should be permanently banned and every single upgrade material, yang or items made in a malicious way and given away for free (in trades) with other guild members or friends should be traced and removed.

It's simply not fair that we had to invest huge amounts of yang and time into perfecting our PvM equipment, and they were just clearing bosses with ebony earrings +7 etc.

Let's take only Wobba for example: the value of one Wobba is around 70-100kk x 6CH's x 4 spawns per day = on average 2 kkk/day and that's only from one Boss, he was permanently clearing all other Beta Bosses (especially during the night) using the same Bug Exploit. He started bragging about doing "Solo Wobba" around 3 months ago, so you can only imagine the true nature of the damage he implied on the server.

Last edited:

Tatutu

I think it is totally unfavorable for all the players what farm in beta, 30 days? it's nothing, this boy who has problems with vocabulary has been banned several times and nothing has changed, neither in behavior nor in bugs that were in their favor, it is unacceptable what is happening, there are many more of the hated who abused and the penalties are too small.
I hope you will make good decisions Wom2 STAFF.

AdamlMalysz

That's my comment:
89h8f3.jpg

It is unbelievable to me how the team did not see the points that were made on Discord chat that 30-day bann was not okay and it should have been a perma bann. These people were exploiting a bann that allowed them to kill the beta bosses much faster and effortless than other players and dropped items/made money less effortlesly. How can you not see this and decide on a perma bann? What is it that you are missing at this point? Total disgrace from the team how they handled this as well as things they said on discord chat.

Granz

There is no doubt in this case that the punishment should be much more serious than 30 days break. We talk about gamebreaking bug that made them much richer than the rest of players and they were surely aware of it. For every casual player it would definitely be a perma ban, so i dont see the reason to NOT punish them this way. Im also curious how staff have not noticed anything about it? Hated was top guild for months and it is not that hard to control how things going on highest level bosses…

BomBerciK

So the fun fact is, people were bugging bosses for some amount of time. Unlikely they got caught, they werent even trying to report that and was still abusing the bug. They got banned for 30 days and then rest of people in thanks of that moves got buffed bosses. How about items they made, upgrade items they dropped? Punishment is 30 days ban? Everything they reached will wait for them?

I am also going to add the things that said on discord which were far away from professionalism and mostly childish comments from the team. Also the things they were saying just to defend this decision was nothing but funny instead of acknowledging that it should have been a perma ban.

1702653660490.png

1702653727952.png

1702653795694.png

1702653902834.png

1702653971350.png
1702653959121.png

1702653997004.png

1702654052015.png

1702654145258.png

1702654171325.png

ZIELUSZKA

I am also going to add the things that said on discord which were far away from professionalism and mostly childish comments from the team. Also the things they were saying just to defend this decision was nothing but funny instead of acknowledging that it should have been a perma ban.

View attachment 1455

View attachment 1456

View attachment 1457

View attachment 1458

View attachment 1460
View attachment 1459

View attachment 1461

View attachment 1462

View attachment 1463

View attachment 1464
REALLY GOOD JOB TEAM YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU TYPE

PlaQ

Since there is no clear answer to this I would suggest the following:

- Perma Ban would be a logical punishment --> Since its comparable to bot using in terms of giving them an unfair advantage - Unlinke RMT which only transfered value from one player to another, bot using or exploiting creates extra value to the server like bots which in my eyes is worth a harder punishment.

- Me personally I would suggest a more mild approch: 30 Day Ban + they have to give back value compared to the ammount of yang/items farmed. For example if they got 10kkk worth of stuff they would need to give back that ammount in yang or items (it will be surely way more)

Giving them only a 30 Day Bann is not acceptable especially since Bug exploiting is in the same category like using farm bots like I explained above.

Stforjanka

Since there is no clear answer to this I would suggest the following:

- Perma Ban would be a logical punishment --> Since its comparable to bot using in terms of giving them an unfair advantage - Unlinke RMT which only transfered value from one player to another, bot using or exploiting creates extra value to the server like bots which in my eyes is worth a harder punishment.

- Me personally I would suggest a more mild approch: 30 Day Ban + they have to give back value compared to the ammount of yang/items farmed. For example if they got 10kkk worth of stuff they would need to give back that ammount in yang or items (it will be surely way more)

Giving them only a 30 Day Bann is not acceptable especially since Bug exploiting is in the same category like using farm bots like I explained above.
I agree with everything here. This is the first thing that came to my mind, and i can't fathom how that is not the official solution.

AdamlMalysz

I have a question for the team, since this bug probably existed since release of beta maps. How many people did you catch abusing this bug? Did you even check anyone killing bosses on beta maps, after we reported that in first place? We spend few hours of our time catching someone abusing this bug and without gm super-powers (invisibility and being able to tp to the player) we managed to do 20 different records. I have doubts if you even tried to catch anyone.

kamil4559

I just want to say I got INSTANT perma banned because there was a suspicion that I used some kind of bug ONCE (0 yang profit). I had to fight whole day to get my account back and here is Thuggy who was bugging bosses for months and got his eq done because of bug. There is no doubt he should be perma banned it's just unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.