What's new

Hated World Bosses bug abusement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stforjanka

What a lot of these new metin2 private server owners seem to not understand is that interaction with the community should only be done when necessary, not when they feel like. Staff members should have a list of responsibilities that they need to adhere by. Nothing more, nothing less. Only people that should be interacting with the community are the community managers. Discord is a place meant for the community to interact with eachother, GMs should only be moderating the discussions and enforcing the rules. People like Ania (who for some reason apparently is still part of the staff team), Amun (who is a dev NOT A COMMUNITY MANAGER) have no place in interacting with the community since they clearly have no idea how to do it properly. It's a tough pill to swallow but if you want the community to respect you, you need to stop acting like their mates and act like staff members. We're human and we're always going to show bias, either negative or positive, so as a staff member the less you interact with the community directly the less bias you are going to show and therefor the community will respect your decisions more.
You will never see an Apple developer or technician make a statement on Apple's behalf and there's a very good reason for that. I'm sure it sounds bonkers comparing Apple to this server but the principle is the same, you hire people for their strengths, you will never ask a janitor to teach a class or vice versa.
See i disagree on this point in some extent, i think staff interacting with player's on semi-friendly basis is great for community, but it has to be done properly, and it's obviously much harder to balance. I think it's obviously better if they didn't interact at all, than what currently is taking place, but it would be great if they did interact, just properly.

Acorn

See i disagree on this point in some extent, i think staff interacting with player's on semi-friendly basis is great for community, but it has to be done properly, and it's obviously much harder to balance. I think it's obviously better if they didn't interact at all, than what currently is taking place, but it would be great if they did interact, just properly.
Interaction creates bias. People will notice when staff members interact positively with members of the community because they have created a positive bias. This is exactly what leads to situations like this where a favorable decision for the culprits leads to unrest from the community as they have noticed the friendliness from the staff towards the culprits before the exploit was exposed. We as humans cannot control our emotions enough to not show bias, but if there is no interaction at all, there is no bias to show.

Stforjanka

Interaction creates bias. People will notice when staff members interact positively with members of the community because they have created a positive bias. This is exactly what leads to situations like this where a favorable decision for the culprits leads to unrest from the community as they have noticed the friendliness from the staff towards the culprits before the exploit was exposed. We as humans cannot control our emotions enough to not show bias, but if there is no interaction at all, there is no bias to show.
The "culprit" isn't exactly known for his warm interactions with staff, he wishes everyone death and cancer, wouldn't be surprised if administration included. This situation is result of suspicions surrounding the guild and administration, they would emerge anyways, as it seems to be deeper than surface level discord communication. And while I see your point, i still think there is a balance to be found where interactions are allowed and they don't skew public opinion too much. But i think that balance is way past basic PR which is lacking, so it is what it is.

sie777

As much as I agree with what you said, that will most likely never happen.
- First of all, even if you have some "trained", specific, guys that reply to everything, you'll end up in the same situation. A major cause of this is the trash-entitled mentality players have nowadays. You can't nicely deal with a toxic community. Sooner or later you'll end up in the same situation. And I'm not specifically referring to WoM2, but the Metin2 scene in general.
- The server, no matter how "trash" it becomes, it has its community. Which was built in the past, and somehow still resist nowadays. Maybe because there aren't many available options out there, maybe because of the nostalgia this server bring, maybe because here some of "your friends" are playing, or whatever else works for you. The current situation with the guys abusing of a bug, the flaws in the gameplay and other dramas from the past, are a perfect example of what I just said.
- Business-wise? With the constant amount of players, how the gameplay and the Item-Shop is set, we can't even imagine how much money the server has made. We might easily talk about a couple million. For me it's insane. For a Metin2 servers? I guess too, and this will simply give them a lot of "room" for mistakes. Being going down to 200 players and not taking the "right" decisions, as, possibly, in this case (bug guy). Let alone the fact they could start a speed server and get back some more money. But well, in the end Metin2 it's a business and it's okay if they make money (at the end of the day, that's most likely the only server that pays everyone from the Team. Which is a lot, if you sum up all the members they have). The more they make, the more the server will be alive, and potentially improved, and provide a nice experience for most of players. No matter how much certain decisions suck, if overall you enjoy your journey here "you" will stay.
That's my 2 cents.
couple million XD what do u smoke?

realWarrex

Oldfags is not necessarily a derogatory term, its used in internet slang to respresent old members of a community, but it's cute that u tried to estabilish moral highground with that unasked defence in their name.

Would be nice if u didn't try to smuggle cheap debate tactics, especially since the best ad hominem u came up with was calling me vaccinated.

Dude, aliens totally exist *takes bong hit*, just google it bro, look for urself, stop being a sheep.

I think it would serve ur presumed objective better if u spent ur energy mining the links youre talking about, but we both know that's not ur objective.
🤣

ZalimMelek

Everyone is talking in vain. GM said they will all come back. This is just to distract us, the players. 3 of my characters were BANNED. Firstly, the reason is that the e-mail address does not belong to me, then RMT. The more you deal with Hated, the more you will be banned like my characters. . You can check the Turkish version from your phone's camera translator.Everyone is talking in vain. GM said they will all come back. This is just to distract us, the players. 3 of my characters were BANNED. Firstly, the reason is that the e-mail address does not belong to me, then RMT. The more you deal with Hated, the more you will be banned like my characters. . You can check the Turkish version from your phone's camera translator.

Ekran görüntüsü 2023-12-20 213430.png

KİMSENİN OYUNU BIRAKTIĞI YOK , GERİ GELECEKLERMUHTEMELEN.
NO ONE IS QUITTING THE GAME, THEY WILL PROBABLY COME BACK
Until they come, I won't have any characters left, after my broadcasts, 1 of my characters will be banned.
KIYAMETjr 91 lvl Rapunzel 91 lvl Laser 89 lvl RIP

Snake

Game Designer
Staff member
Game Designer
Hello everyone,

I would like to bring closure to this topic by confirming that a final decision has been reached on the matter at hand. I will now begin working on the Team's statement. As this statement will provide more details about the events of last month, it will take some time to compose. It will address not only the bug abusing ban for the involved players but also other relevant topics. I plan to post the statement in the announcement section on the forum.

I want to express my disappointment in how both parties handled this issue. Our communication lacked coherence, and there were false accusations and speculations from the community about the server and the team. I sincerely hope that after the statement is released, we can reach an understanding that will help define the relationship between the staff and the community.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.