What's new

New DT changes

Zezerino

Since we dont have a topic made by the team to discuss the most recent changes, I would like to know your opinion on the recent EXP changes on DT.

What I am about to say is before Smith only, I don't feel like this was a necessary change since it takes always some time on the first floors making it kinda balanced... It is worth to mention that there is probably over 200 people 75+ and again who ever was back it stays further back.

I just wanted to know if its just me disappointed with this change.

Yamamoto

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

The problem was in the first place and as many players mentioned the fact that it was easier to level up there than in Spider Dungeon 2.

This also made it a favourite spot for cheaters as you know since you cannot be spotted and reported if you are in a dungeon. Therefore we must prevent dungeons from being better level up places than maps like SD2 that are specifically designed for leveling up, particularly a dungeon like Demon Tower which has little restriction on entrance.

We understand some people may dislike some of the changes as they may make things more difficult but we prefer fixing these issues early even if it means some backlash now.

It's worth noting that those who want to level up will have it easier in Spider Dungeon 3 than in Demon Tower or Ice Golems (and if that's not the case just let us know)

Toxic

Agree to disagree Yamamoto, yes, the SD3 experience is a lot better than DT or Ice Golems but it's so hard to tank the spiders as a warrior - even if you don't activate berserk, due to the blessing spell being only 75%, I honestly doubt warriors will be able to farm there without wanting to jump off a bridge.
I lasted 1h before having a mental breakdown, with 650 def, white liquid and G1 blessing spell with max int (that only granted me 30% on my warrior, but thank God it gives me 43% on my shaman). You know how many times i had to rebuff myself due to my almost 4 minute blessing spell expiring? Once. And I do know how to play.. I'm not trying to cry about it but I strongly feel like you guys forgot people will have a hard time tanking any monsters with the 75% blessing spell.
We are at a point where shamans can tank more than warriors. That just isn't right XD

RicardoPortuga

Will look into that, thank you for the feedback!
it's very complicated v3 doesn't have a drop and super complicated tanking doesn't pay off because you have to be super strong to go there when other players had the possibility to level up fast

in my opinion, there should be a player vote before making huge changes

to anyone who has spent a lot of money to get items to do DT and with these changes it totally spoiled it because not from XP you can't get good items because the drop of a lot of things was removed and in v2 and v3 the same thing will happen I'll have to spend again lots of money to make good equipment for the location and soon there will be another change because you want the players to go to another location this does not make sense make polls for the community to vote you know that this last update a lot of people hated it

Last edited:

Waifu

its just stupid forcing people to go spider dungeon, i can't even handle 1-2 full rooms in v2, how i'm supposed to handle v3.
people should be able to choose where they want to lvl up.
people enjoyed doin dt runs, good, just put the same exp for both, and it should be great if classes were balanced, because i think shaman's have potential to farm alone, i dont think warrior should be stronger than shaman's tho, they should just be balanced and almost the same, not a ridiculous difference.

RicardoPortuga

Agree to disagree Yamamoto, yes, the SD3 experience is a lot better than DT or Ice Golems but it's so hard to tank the spiders as a warrior - even if you don't activate berserk, due to the blessing spell being only 75%, I honestly doubt warriors will be able to farm there without wanting to jump off a bridge.
I lasted 1h before having a mental breakdown, with 650 def, white liquid and G1 blessing spell with max int (that only granted me 30% on my warrior, but thank God it gives me 43% on my shaman). You know how many times i had to rebuff myself due to my almost 4 minute blessing spell expiring? Once. And I do know how to play.. I'm not trying to cry about it but I strongly feel like you guys forgot people will have a hard time tanking any monsters with the 75% blessing spell.
We are at a point where shamans can tank more than warriors. That just isn't right XD
there are much more serious problems the warrior has to have a weakness in something because the warrior here is broken you can do metins 2x to 3x faster you have a long sword where you have a greater range of attack you have many things in your favor I'll give you one example of Shura, my class attacks very slowly and is always attacked by people of lower lvl and I myself having 700 defense a Warrior with a long sword disturbs a lot when farming so I think that this is not an excuse or a problem in my opinion it should have more changes in the warrior or buffs in the other classes example ninja and shura

Zezerino

The problem was in the first place and as many players mentioned the fact that it was easier to level up there than in Spider Dungeon 2.

You are right, but I believe people were mentioning that sd2 should be buffed and not DT nerfed.

This also made it a favourite spot for cheaters as you know since you cannot be spotted and reported if you are in a dungeon. Therefore we must prevent dungeons from being better level up places than maps like SD2 that are specifically designed for leveling up, particularly a dungeon like Demon Tower which has little restriction on entrance.

It is pretty unfair for us that you are restraining everything because of cheaters, they already have advantage over us because of cheating and now this.... If I was cheating I wouldn't care to have a bot staying a few extra hours on a private dungeon.
It's worth noting that those who want to level up will have it easier in Spider Dungeon 3 than in Demon Tower or Ice Golems (and if that's not the case just let us know)

I was avoiding to replying before I did some further testing... You are right SD3 is much better than Demon Tower, but only a handfull of people can tank SD3 properly... Before this Patch it would take me around 50 - 60 DT runs (up to seal room and solo exp) to do 55 -> 75 which translates to 2200~Minutes. As for current Patch it is required more than double of this values.

Current Patch SD2 dungeon big spoders, Lv 70 solo exp without any rings, one full room gives 0,10%, it is pretty damn bad in my opinion.

this is the situation for exp, but what do we need to actually be able to farm on this spots?
DT:

• Level 42
  • 40% arrow
  • 60% undead
  • around 450-500 defense
  • 20% dodge arrow
  • M skills (buffer and char) and no bio
SD2:
  • At least Lv 60
  • +6 60 helm
  • +4-+6 Phoenix shoes
  • block shield
  • 60+ arachnid
  • 700 defense
  • Skills G (buffer and char) and 60 bio
  • Ticket entrance

For SD3 doesn't change much from SD2, you just need better weapon and more damage. But to achieve this you need time to have skills G and Bio done and much better gear.

My opinion on how it should be
DT should be the way it was, it was good exp yes but you would have to put really good effort on climbing multiple times, also worth to mention that it was a safe place for exp avoiding PvP. Should be a good place to reach 75 with effort.

As for SD2, it should be a bit easier than SD3 since you notice a big experience difference, should be more rewarding than old DT, not a safe spot to exp with a very limited number of rooms. Should be also a place to reach 75.

SD3, limited spots with the best exp in the game, where people fight each other to have their sweet spot to level their pet and get lv 86.

DeCiMaToR

What I also don't understand is, why it has been changed now, at this time.
I get the general argumentation, and if this was changed after a few people levelled up in DT and discovered this, then sure.
But now, SO many people have levelled up in DT, it was actually common knowledge for over 2 weeks to just level up in DT instead of SD2, and NOW it is being changed?
It just feels very unfair towards the other players in my opinion.
And also (already wrote it on another thread), if SD2 was made for levelling, then why are the soldier spiders there only level 58? This makes levelling almost impossible after Level 65 or so.
And if you intended SD3 to be the levelspot after, then well, it did not exist before. Also, as many stated, it is almost impossible to level there as a warrior anyway, even with close to perfect equip.
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy a hard server, and I think you should need to work and gather equip before you can go somewhere, like dungeons, SD2/3 and all, that's all fine and I support that.
But SD3 difficulty just seems out of proportion, especially with the current circumstances and alternatives.

Zezerino

What I also don't understand is, why it has been changed now, at this time.
I get the general argumentation, and if this was changed after a few people levelled up in DT and discovered this, then sure.
But now, SO many people have levelled up in DT, it was actually common knowledge for over 2 weeks to just level up in DT instead of SD2, and NOW it is being changed?
It just feels very unfair towards the other players in my opinion.
And also (already wrote it on another thread), if SD2 was made for levelling, then why are the soldier spiders there only level 58? This makes levelling almost impossible after Level 65 or so.
And if you intended SD3 to be the levelspot after, then well, it did not exist before. Also, as many stated, it is almost impossible to level there as a warrior anyway, even with close to perfect equip.
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy a hard server, and I think you should need to work and gather equip before you can go somewhere, like dungeons, SD2/3 and all, that's all fine and I support that.
But SD3 difficulty just seems out of proportion, especially with the current circumstances and alternatives.

That's exactly what I am saying, they only changed it now after 200 people over 75+.... I Think SD3 is fine, because it should be for 75+, when you have more defence and 75 weapons.
Right now I feel like I am playing on a bipolar server where everything shifts, by the time I have 75 and good sd3 gear they will nerf it and tell me to go HL

Kenpachi

What bothers me is did they buff exp in dt and golems in the first place and then they decided to nerf it? If not then it means exp in sd2 is nerfed thats why it was better to exp in dt or golems. The fact that mobs in sd2 are +/- 10 lvl lower than on official server is weird af but I remember it was also a thing on original wom but making 61 shield was easier means didnt require pearls and milions of yangs. Wait til they find out its also good to lvl up on evocators/tormentors in temple :D

Toxic

there are much more serious problems the warrior has to have a weakness in something because the warrior here is broken you can do metins 2x to 3x faster you have a long sword where you have a greater range of attack you have many things in your favor I'll give you one example of Shura, my class attacks very slowly and is always attacked by people of lower lvl and I myself having 700 defense a Warrior with a long sword disturbs a lot when farming so I think that this is not an excuse or a problem in my opinion it should have more changes in the warrior or buffs in the other classes example ninja and shura
Idk what you're doing in this thread tbh but please humor me and go sd3 with your sura and tell me how good you can tank them. I feel like even sura will struggle there. Also there's people on the discord server saying suras crit for more damage than warrior so idk why you are pressed about metins when WE ARE TALKING ABOUT LEVELING UP. GO AWAY

RicardoPortuga

why were you upset? I'm talking about the changes you've had, you started talking about your warrior who was weak and you started to cry I'm just giving my opinion what I think now if you're upset and simple go take a shower with cold water to wash it off Your anger is another that I know of I speak wherever I want that I know you don't own anything here so stay in your place April 25th is over I'm free to give my opinion

Idk what you're doing in this thread tbh but please humor me and go sd3 with your sura and tell me how good you can tank them. I feel like even sura will struggle there. Also there's people on the discord server saying suras crit for more damage than warrior so idk why you are pressed about metins when WE ARE TALKING ABOUT LEVELING UP. GO AWAY

Loco

@ToxicGirl
Sura can tank SD3 perfectly fine. I'm not even using a mount as im currently leveling the pet. Also no Liquids or Wedding items required.
BTW those are spawn rooms.

RicardoPortuga

are you kidding right?

I am now obliged to create 2 shaman to give buffs to be able to level up?

LMAO

try it without bufs and show your equipment too

@ToxicGirl
Sura can tank SD3 perfectly fine. I'm not even using a mount as im currently leveling the pet. Also no Liquids or Wedding items required.
BTW those are spawn rooms.

RicardoPortuga

Very simple, because of the cheaters, we are being harmed, screw v3, we want the DT back, I want to play with friends in the same party again, it was fun to climb together

Zezerino

now put the new war in there with the same equipment

It is perfectly possible to do what Loco does, but it requires good gear, bio and skills, nothing is free on Metin.
The issue is that you are all trying to exp on a place that is not recommended for your level, 75+ should be alot easier to kill on sd3.... DT should be rolled back and SD2 should have a buff on exp and whoever has good gear should be rewarded on sd3 with even better exp. Simple as that