What's new

Please up the Cor Draconis droprate

Zaton

Hey there,

when farming cors I find myself dropping them at around 3 - 4 Cor Draconis per hour. At level 60 that amounted to around 2.5 hrs per day and was feasible and casual friendly. However with those rates this amounts to 5 - 6 hrs daily at lv 90+ and it simply feels like a chore.

I imagine that there are faster ways to farm them other than on stones, like pulling capes in SD3 or HL, but that would also lose significant profit.

My suggestion would be to increase the droprate of cors to keep the overall time investment in check.

In order to combat cor inflation through a bunch of lv 50 chars I would keep the droprate for the first 10 cors and increase the droprate for 10 - 15 and increase further 15 - 20 with the goal of bringing overall time investment down to 3 - 4 hrs per day, which is still quite a lot of daily time for a hobby.

Cheers

D

Deleted member 808

I spent 3, I think almost 4 hours yesterday on my lv. 50 farmer to make my Cor cap via metins - Deceit metins, with plenty of mob spawns to drop enough Shards. I had instances of 3-4 metins in a row with no Shard dropped. While some might resort to that, I won't buy/make an Arachnid set just to complete my Cor cap faster.

I understand that they're trying to prevent players from farming multiple Cor caps on different characters in a day, but again... some parts of the game feel like they're balanced only around 25h-a-day players, leaving less than breadcrumbs for those on limited time.

The Cor cap is a great way to provide players with that guaranteed daily income in a fairly short amount of time. There are hours when no Changer and no Soul Stone is dropped. Player satisfaction would be increased if they manage to farm their Cors before they hit at least the 2-hour mark (at least for lower levels).

In all honesty, if I had 1-2 hours to play a day on weekdays and couldn't make my Cor cap to get... some 40kk pocket money that I could blast on changers during the weekend, I'd probably quit before I even got to the point where I could farm Cors.

Went a bit off-topic here - +1 to farming Cors faster, Alchemy is anyway expensive in terms of time so it's not like every lv. 50 will be running around with full alchemy wheels on them.

AdamlMalysz

3-4 cors per hour on 60lvl? It takes me max 40 minutes to get all 10 cors while farming metins. Droprate is fine at this lvl. It can be increased by 50% for 75+ lvl and 100% for 90+lvl, so it matches with extra cors possible to drop.

Zaton

3-4 cors per hour on 60lvl? It takes me max 40 minutes to get all 10 cors while farming metins. Droprate is fine at this lvl. It can be increased by 50% for 75+ lvl and 100% for 90+lvl, so it matches with extra cors possible to drop.
When I can farm nonstop metins off cooldown I need significantly less time too. But others want cors too 😄

Amnesis

I want to see a video how you drop 10 cors within 40 min at 60 lvl… sounds like a bulls*** to me.

sie777

1 DT run about 15 shards, first forest more shards, red forest less shards. I see that higher level - lower drop rate.

Zaton

In spider cave I dropp the 10 cors in MAX 1H 30. Of course with metins is slower. But you have to decide to be fast or to dropp other stuff too
Sure and I've mentioned that this method is faster, however in this 1.5 hrs you don't drop changers, soul stones, books etc. so are you really farming efficiently?

Most players don't want to and shouldn't be forced to waste their limited time on farming suboptimally just to min-max their cor drop.
The vast majority of players are casual, that can play 3hr max per day and should have the opportunity to make substantial progress with that limited time.

Lestat

Sure and I've mentioned that this method is faster, however in this 1.5 hrs you don't drop changers, soul stones, books etc. so are you really farming efficiently?

Most players don't want to and shouldn't be forced to waste their limited time on farming suboptimally just to min-max their cor drop.
The vast majority of players are casual, that can play 3hr max per day and should have the opportunity to make substantial progress with that limited time.

Consider that I'm playing everyday until I made the 10 cors.

In spider cave is 1:30h, but I'm there cause I'm exping, so even tough I'm not making money I'm doing something.

With Lv70 metins is 2:30h more or less, that for a daily quest is not bad, considering I'm farming other things and considering I'm REALLY REALLY slow cause I'm Black Sura

Zaton

Consider that I'm playing everyday until I made the 10 cors.

In spider cave is 1:30h, but I'm there cause I'm exping, so even tough I'm not making money I'm doing something.

With Lv70 metins is 2:30h more or less, that for a daily quest is not bad, considering I'm farming other things and considering I'm REALLY REALLY slow cause I'm Black Sura
Yea you're right, that's what I've meant.

Spider cave is faster, but you don't drop anything else of significant value.
And a lot of people don't want to exp, since they have their lv breakpoint (50, 55, 60 etc).

2.5hr at lv 70 stones was my exact time too and I was fine with it although I would be happier sub 2hr. My issue is, that at lv 75 or 90+ the time investment gets out of hand and just to cap out your cors, you are looking at 6+ hrs, which is double what it should be.

Iluna

Yea you're right, that's what I've meant.

Spider cave is faster, but you don't drop anything else of significant value.
And a lot of people don't want to exp, since they have their lv breakpoint (50, 55, 60 etc).

2.5hr at lv 70 stones was my exact time too and I was fine with it although I would be happier sub 2hr. My issue is, that at lv 75 or 90+ the time investment gets out of hand and just to cap out your cors, you are looking at 6+ hrs, which is double what it should be.
not rly true. lv 70+ - spiderlegs.
got like 5 in 30minutes.. so 15kk~

Zaton

not rly true. lv 70+ - spiderlegs.
got like 5 in 30minutes.. so 15kk~
I'm sure that would be nice, but when I leveled from 70 to 80 I dropped like 2/hr.

And my point still stands, because 1) not many people have EQ to farm SD3 effectively and 2) most people including me would rather use their limited time effectively farming changers, soul stones etc. and cors should be a sidedrop not the main one.