What's new

What about Sura AM in PvM?

Suraa

Hi, is my first time playing WoM2. I know the game "metin2" pretty well. I played Sura on this server from the opening, and I watched my evolution and Warriors evolution.

My thoughts on Sura is that he is pretty weak on dmg (Lv. 53, even with M3 buff's in Temple M5 Blade and pretty good items also bug INT *1.650crit* ), Warrior have x2 dmg that kills mobs twice as Sura and also a Warrior with a good buff can be a "god" + tanky .

So yes, I understand that on Warrior u will have to invest more than Sura in items but as I said, with a good buff u don t have to invest a lot because he kills fast those mobs that deal DMG.

What are ur thoughts on Sura AM and what do u think this class DESERVE on this server? Will Sura TIME come, on this server?

Regards,
Suraa

Sun

I played sura on old Wom2 he was tanky but dmg was lower then body war.On sura you need to focus on P skills and INT bonus and alchemy to have better dmg but for my wepon sura and body war are pvm "gods".And now I started with body war but I will lvl up him till 35 and after that focus on P skills and items.

Matei

Hey, i played this server with both chars till now and i can say that in my opinion sura will be stronger highlevel being a new server, personally i will keep my warrior low level since it's way better there than a sura, but i will go high level as wp to make my life easier. And related to the 1650 crit -> warrior x2, that's not true ! I have really good items and my damage is around 2800 crit as pierce, so it's not a really huge difference thinking that i also run sometimes, sura can tank it 100-0.

We can't predict the future of the server but i would definitely keep playing on the sura.

LIschu

Hi,

I was about to write such a post as well. I don't believe sura is balanced on this server. I could understand a little nerfs as that char is quite powerful in PVM (+ he got nerfed in pvp also), but when we nerf sura and buff all the other class, It doesn't look good as they got quite powerful buffs like for example mental with hp on Taichi.

Let's compare him to his closest competition - warrior body.
Body on this server gets following adventages over normal hard servers:
- no extra dmg taken on berserk
- pierce boost on berserk
- 6th skill
- dispel nerfed therefore body is untouchable with buff on metins or in some fights in future for boses
On the other hand sura got nerfs only:
- fear gives lower values
- enchanted blade is most likely nerfed
- dispel nerfed

When we analise current top100 chars, there are 55 warriors, 30 shamans and 15 suras. A day before IS there was 60 warriors and 15 suras, which means warriors even do better in v2 with exp. I would say that due to the 3 buff skills, suras should found it easier to get top levels first, especially when there was no IS.

At the same level body vs wp, warrior pretty much deals twice more damage than wp. I recorded a quick video comparing both of them killing metin lv25. Both chars have the same eq, same fms and just def items. They destroyed metin at the same time. If warrior had rib with the same average, he would have killed that metin quicker than sura... Warrior had level 35, aura m1, horse level 11. Sura had level 60, blade m8, horse level 21 and all missions from biolog and wonda rim? finished up to level 50.

I still recognise sura as 2nd best champion for pvm, however the gap between him and body is huge. He struggle with killing boses solo etc. In return for sura nerfs in PVM tho, sura didn't get anything in PVP, even more, he got his most powerful spell in PVP nerfed, which is again, for the warriors adventage. If someone is saying that WP is a tank, well, body do the same in V2 or metins just because he literally one shots everything.

Hopefully it wasn't TL:DR for everyone. In my opinion the balance should be revieved. I could start over again with body, but is this a solution?

Thanks.

Menace

I mean, you cant expect to do the same amount of dmg or higher then warrior as a sura. In my opinion ure just used to seeing sura being the god tier pvm after map 2 stage where sura can tank absolutely everything with small amount of gear + the dmg to be the same as warrior which is ridicilous when warrior doesnt have any tank skill. Warrior is supposed to be the dps and sura is supposed to be the late game tank in both cases pvp and pvm. I dont see a reason you to complain when u can tank way more then warriors but expecting the same/more dmg then warrior is an exaggeration.

Best regards,
Menace

Suraa

Hi,

I was about to write such a post as well. I don't believe sura is balanced on this server. I could understand a little nerfs as that char is quite powerful in PVM (+ he got nerfed in pvp also), but when we nerf sura and buff all the other class, It doesn't look good as they got quite powerful buffs like for example mental with hp on Taichi.

Let's compare him to his closest competition - warrior body.
Body on this server gets following adventages over normal hard servers:
- no extra dmg taken on berserk
- pierce boost on berserk
- 6th skill
- dispel nerfed therefore body is untouchable with buff on metins or in some fights in future for boses
On the other hand sura got nerfs only:
- fear gives lower values
- enchanted blade is most likely nerfed
- dispel nerfed

When we analise current top100 chars, there are 55 warriors, 30 shamans and 15 suras. A day before IS there was 60 warriors and 15 suras, which means warriors even do better in v2 with exp. I would say that due to the 3 buff skills, suras should found it easier to get top levels first, especially when there was no IS.

At the same level body vs wp, warrior pretty much deals twice more damage than wp. I recorded a quick video comparing both of them killing metin lv25. Both chars have the same eq, same fms and just def items. They destroyed metin at the same time. If warrior had rib with the same average, he would have killed that metin quicker than sura... Warrior had level 35, aura m1, horse level 11. Sura had level 60, blade m8, horse level 21 and all missions from biolog and wonda rim? finished up to level 50.

I still recognise sura as 2nd best champion for pvm, however the gap between him and body is huge. He struggle with killing boses solo etc. In return for sura nerfs in PVM tho, sura didn't get anything in PVP, even more, he got his most powerful spell in PVP nerfed, which is again, for the warriors adventage. If someone is saying that WP is a tank, well, body do the same in V2 or metins just because he literally one shots everything.

Hopefully it wasn't TL:DR for everyone. In my opinion the balance should be revieved. I could start over again with body, but is this a solution?

Thanks.
+1, that s what I ve been trying to say, he s too nerfed on this server.

Suraa

I mean, you cant expect to do the same amount of dmg or higher then warrior as a sura. In my opinion ure just used to seeing sura being the god tier pvm after map 2 stage where sura can tank absolutely everything with small amount of gear + the dmg to be the same as warrior which is ridicilous when warrior doesnt have any tank skill. Warrior is supposed to be the dps and sura is supposed to be the late game tank in both cases pvp and pvm. I dont see a reason you to complain when u can tank way more then warriors but expecting the same/more dmg then warrior is an exaggeration.

Best regards,
Menace
I just told u, Sura with m3 buffs, m5 blade, m4 fear, 21 horse and some good gear can die sometimes in Temple when too much magic esoterics spawn, In change.. warrior can resist because he kills those mobs faster, idk man.. I think we should think a bit about Sura damage. And not because I die in temple sometimes but because truly sura is wiped out, best skill pvp nerfed and many others skill nerfed.

Last edited:

Zezerino

enchanted blade is most likely nerfed

If I remember correctly the blade is definetely nerfed, before it would give hp absorved and right now it gives a chance for absorb.
Yes Fear lower values. Dispel you need level to have chance to land it which makes sense to avoid lv 20 chars with dispel P.

VEVE

Based on this logic I want the Body War's defence to be buffed. Compared to AM Sura he gets oneshoted :)

Suraa

Based on this logic I want the Body War's defence to be buffed. Compared to AM Sura he gets oneshoted :)
sadly u didn t understand, and u refuse to have a conversation in privat about sura class and compare the 2 classes.

yanone

I would argue that the nerf on enchanted blade should be removed this or buff the crap out of the enchanted armour, right now the DMG is less then that of a warrior and the lack of attack speed and pierce is way too much even if you get 100 defence and 35% DMG reduction, it should be again 3% per hit not a chance.

LIschu

Body literally got that. Increased damage from berserk got removed. That's 10% on M1. Fear M1 on WP gives you -12% so you basically have M1 Fear for free.

Best regards,
Menace

I've never said that I want to have higher or the same damage as warrior, but if lvl 35 body with aura m1 and horse 11lvl can outdamage sura lvl 60 with enchanted m8 and horse 21, something is not right, is it?

It's just the thing that all other classed got a buff, when sura got nerfs only which made sura gapped from them. Nerfs on enchanted and fear makes him not being that tanky anymore to the point, when warrior can actually stand better than sura due to killing mobs on 2 autos.

yanone

This discussion was already resolved on wom3 or 2 when they buffed the raw DMG by a lot, i jumped from 340 to 480 at level 42, idk why they didn't do it from the start again, i would suggest that formula again

Toxic

Hey, i played this server with both chars till now and i can say that in my opinion sura will be stronger highlevel being a new server, personally i will keep my warrior low level since it's way better there than a sura, but i will go high level as wp to make my life easier. And related to the 1650 crit -> warrior x2, that's not true ! I have really good items and my damage is around 2800 crit as pierce, so it's not a really huge difference thinking that i also run sometimes, sura can tank it 100-0.

We can't predict the future of the server but i would definitely keep playing on the sura.
The only thing I would add here is that the main difference between body war and wp sura now is that body was has more attack speed than a wp sura due to berserk and that is also a reason why body wars kill monsters/metins faster. In higher levels it won't matter that much

sebekol10

Hi,
I hope they will do something with sura, because there is no point to play him anymore. I already gave up today and just created body, as there is no fun playing sura at all when I don't deal damage nor being tank.

Menace

Yeah , you are used to play sura's in every server because u know u dont need any gear because of ur skills in order to tank everywhere. Clearly at 42 with mediocre gear u can do 55s , i heard a lot of complains from sura's getting killed and when i asked how much defence they had they all have less then me as a warrior. So i can tell its clearly a gap, you cant expect to be god tier early game class, god tier mid game, and god tier late game PVP + PVM. PVP SURA WEP is top 3-4 clearly in endgame when body warrior is far away, if u play warrior body u basically can forget about pvping in any server because ure useless imo. This class is strong pvp till mid game where nobody has resistances. Matter of fact i dont want to spoil u the warrior life that most of us are experiencing where u basically dont have dash as a skill XD you either miss the skill 90% of time or the bug with "miss" dmg hits so that means u just use it for movement speed kekw.