What's new

What about Sura AM in PvM?

Breezy

Hi,

I was about to write such a post as well. I don't believe sura is balanced on this server. I could understand a little nerfs as that char is quite powerful in PVM (+ he got nerfed in pvp also), but when we nerf sura and buff all the other class, It doesn't look good as they got quite powerful buffs like for example mental with hp on Taichi.

Let's compare him to his closest competition - warrior body.
Body on this server gets following adventages over normal hard servers:
- no extra dmg taken on berserk
- pierce boost on berserk
- 6th skill
- dispel nerfed therefore body is untouchable with buff on metins or in some fights in future for boses
On the other hand sura got nerfs only:
- fear gives lower values
- enchanted blade is most likely nerfed
- dispel nerfed

When we analise current top100 chars, there are 55 warriors, 30 shamans and 15 suras. A day before IS there was 60 warriors and 15 suras, which means warriors even do better in v2 with exp. I would say that due to the 3 buff skills, suras should found it easier to get top levels first, especially when there was no IS.

At the same level body vs wp, warrior pretty much deals twice more damage than wp. I recorded a quick video comparing both of them killing metin lv25. Both chars have the same eq, same fms and just def items. They destroyed metin at the same time. If warrior had rib with the same average, he would have killed that metin quicker than sura... Warrior had level 35, aura m1, horse level 11. Sura had level 60, blade m8, horse level 21 and all missions from biolog and wonda rim? finished up to level 50.

I still recognise sura as 2nd best champion for pvm, however the gap between him and body is huge. He struggle with killing boses solo etc. In return for sura nerfs in PVM tho, sura didn't get anything in PVP, even more, he got his most powerful spell in PVP nerfed, which is again, for the warriors adventage. If someone is saying that WP is a tank, well, body do the same in V2 or metins just because he literally one shots everything.

Hopefully it wasn't TL:DR for everyone. In my opinion the balance should be revieved. I could start over again with body, but is this a solution?

Thanks.
Thats not quite true, with berserk you still get extra dmg :) and to be honest, on sura you have fear and armor. You want now a dmg increase to be on the level with the body warrior?? these differences are quite right since a body warrior focuses only on attack speed and damage, while sura also has a lot of defence and can resist literally everywhere. (Berserk doesnt give you any movement speed on rework and the 6th skill on body warrior is the most useless skill ive seen so far.) And btw, with the alchemy sura will get a boost on his dmg and its just a matter of time.
So all in all, they should stay that way. Body warrior = High damage but weak defence /// Sura am= Pretty good damage, defence and resistance.

Alan Ezker

The problem is that the same people who use sura wp, sabotage themselves in this thread because they dont even know what the problem is. The sura wp has lower damage that the official one, maybe a change on porpuse maybe a bug, we dont know, because with exactly the same AP other characters dealt more damage. Now, they start to compare it with the warrior at low level, which is absurd, the warrior is the character that deals the best physical dmg, and the sura wp can compete with them but at very high level, everyone should know this and its ok, and then they start to talk about Fear and stuff. Yes, fear is nerfed, but that doesnt make sura wp useless.
My main character is not a sura wp, but I used here and yes, there is a problem with dmg, but if you start to complain about other stuff that was clearly made on porpuse and detract from the original problem, this won't lead anywhere. You already have enough with trolls.

Presofix

Sura will never have same dmg, not even close as warr, not in low,medium or late game. In last wom srv I was full int with enigmatic +9 I was doing around 12k on highest metins/chaos, while my friend was doing 16,17,18 and we had similar items and alch.
I also had full healer with enigmatic bell+9 and healer was doing the same dmg as sura....
I dont rlly care about warrior having more dmg, sura was always weaker when it comes to that, and that's fine.
The problem is sura is nerfed in all areas of the game pvm/pvp
Dispel should last longer, and make lvl difference for dispel to work, as the guy said previously
Fear: Just reverse is at it was....
Blade: Remove chance to restore...no need for more dmg

xXTr3FlaXx

Warned for inappropiate behaviour (2x Warning)
u quit because someone stronger then you stole your metin? Or u got banned for using cheats?
I have a job, I pay my own bills. I don't sit around the house all day on my parents' money like you do. I left this server because it has an ignorant and money hungry staff. The server is absolutely no different than any other server. It's not worth playing on a server that is more of a shithole than the server you have max accounts on. I say keep your mouth shut, find happiness elsewhere. Can't you see that you are the dumbest one in this thread? Warrior player and you give your opinion in a topic with sura players. My advice to you is to kill yourself, you're a scum on earth

Hopekk94

If Suras have to have so much lower dps at least we should get sure % of damage to Hp instead of Chance to get this . Im 54 WP M9 Blade eq +7 and i could be killed by warrior 45...

Loco

Read the patchnotes. Seems like they are aware of players being unhappy about it and trying to balance it. Changing fear is a good way to adjust without overbuffing

Dragan69

check patch note guys, these jokes that call themselves staff buffed fear instead , gg just play LoL untill they will care about the server

yanone

check patch note guys, these jokes that call themselves staff buffed fear instead , gg just play LoL untill they will care about the server
Is not about fear tho, is about enchanted blade DMG or chance to recover HP, they should either buff the DMG or revert the changes, to the normal Metin where you have a fixed HP steal not a chance, this nerf was in the wom2 and wom3 aswell some staff dosen't even know that this isn't the normal enchanted blade.

LIschu

The hp recover works fine on sura. I tested in on P and it gives you back 12% of damage dealt straight away on every hit. Works on single target, will need to test it on multiple, but It's pretty noticable when blade turns off.

I think with Fear buff and Berserk nerf we are nearly there, where we should be from the start. I don't mind now body dealing more damage since increased damage on berserk was brought back. It makes sense, you deal the highest damage and you take the highest damage.

The only thing left in my opinion is dispel, if we just had the old dispel, maybe with slightly reduced dispel time, but with the spells not coming back after dispel is gone, that would be it.

Dragan69

The hp recover works fine on sura. I tested in on P and it gives you back 12% of damage dealt straight away on every hit. Works on single target, will need to test it on multiple, but It's pretty noticable when blade turns off.

I think with Fear buff and Berserk nerf we are nearly there, where we should be from the start. I don't mind now body dealing more damage since increased damage on berserk was brought back. It makes sense, you deal the highest damage and you take the highest damage.

The only thing left in my opinion is dispel, if we just had the old dispel, maybe with slightly reduced dispel time, but with the spells not coming back after dispel is gone, that would be it.
Who cares about P, this is a hard pvm wich means it's hard to get P, it's not acceptabile for a WP sura to not ne able to tank desert outlaws at 45 stones and not being able to kill 50 and 55 stones at all with +4-+7decent to good bonused equip,+9 41 shield and decent fms+9(35 AVG +4 stones)

LIschu

You were never able to tank outlaws on 45 if you were relating on M blade only with 5%. With like 800 damage on hit it restores you 40hp, so don't expect too much on this level.

Dragan69

You were never able to tank outlaws on 45 if you were relating on M blade only with 5%. With like 800 damage on hit it restores you 40hp, so don't expect too much on this level.
With lifesteal not chance + my current items i were, i played sura on wom, oddysey, tian,the other wom copy(i forgot the nane) and i was always able to tank it

Nikku738

With lifesteal not chance + my current items i were, i played sura on wom, oddysey, tian,the other wom copy(i forgot the nane) and i was always able to tank it
Tian2 had lower global damage than this server though , on new wom2 the mobs deal around 20% more damage. On tian I could easily farm 90s even with **** gear at lvl 70 (and with buffs being 50% instead of 70%) , here i have 45 earth and zelkova finished and im struggling.

ckinimod

Is not about fear tho, is about enchanted blade DMG or chance to recover HP, they should either buff the DMG or revert the changes, to the normal Metin where you have a fixed HP steal not a chance, this nerf was in the wom2 and wom3 aswell some staff dosen't even know that this isn't the normal enchanted blade.

They revert fear, hopefully they revert blade changes also.
So atleast the weapon sura is more BASIC again.
We dont need buffs, we just want the NORMAL sura back😃

Nikku738

Yes, some GMs really say that ench.blade works like intended😂

They revert fear, hopefully they revert blade changes also.
So atleast the weapon sura is more BASIC again.
We dont need buffs, we just want the NORMAL sura back😃
It does work though , you can test it on your own